Revenge of the 640 yard Chuck [just who got whom?]

I got a case of tularemia down in south Texas about 10 years ago. I shot a couple of javelina and about 2 dozen rabbits with my bow. The meds they gave me made me so sensitive to the sun that I felt like a vampire for about a month. It is good for us sportsmen to be aware of things like this. Be safe guys!

Gone, thanks for thinking of me.All the tests came back negative for known bacteria so they think it was viral. CLUELESS seems to discribe the doctors pretty well. I am feeling better so I guess thats all that matters ,but I dought that i will be digging around in a rockchuck den anytime soon. Or picking one up either. Hopefully a lesson well learned . (THE HARD WAY )7MMRHB

Good to hear that you were able to get over it, and hopefully with no long term effects.

I'm not going to pick up any varmints any time soon. I will probably wear gloves when opening up a deer and ducks from now on as well.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts