6.5prc 124 hammer hunters load development?

The 131 gr will have a definite bc advantage , but max velocity is around 3200 fps out of my other 6.5 prc 25in Bartlein 1-7.5 twist , I might squeeze more out of it just haven't pushed that one that is a long bullet requires a 1-7.5 twist . It is as long as any 140 gr bullet , it should be a great performer on game bigger than Tx size deer.
We need to go back to spending time with the heavier bullets. When we started out we were most interested in the heaviest bullets we could make. Figured out we were handicapping ourselves for the bar majority of our hunting. Plus everybody is chasing the same long range high bc dream because it is where the market got pushed. Low hanging fruit, so to speak. We have been more interested in pushing the envelope that benefits most hunters.

So far I got my best speed with the 123 AH and N560 in the PRC after trying a number of different powders.

This year I switched my 24" Proof for an 18" Carbon 6 so I'm going to try N555 with the 109gr AH to see how fast I can get it. If Hard Rock was getting 3700 I'm hoping to get at least 3400 out of it.
The 24 in versus 26 in barrel could be the difference I'm also using a 26 in proof on one of my prcs I think Steve does his testing with a 26 in also.
Probably longer. Guessing closer to the 156g
That don't surprise me probably would be a better choice all the way around also , if more 6.5 shooters were using a faster than 1-8 that bullet would be a lot more popular.

I still have a box of about 35 or 131 HH I bought when I was working up loads for a couple 6.5 Needmoor's . I got them about 4 years ago ? I knew they were recommended for 7.5 twist or faster. Both mine were 1 in 8. I just wanted heavier than 124. Well they didn't shoot well. Imagine that, Steve was correct..124 shot great. I never tried them in two 6.5 PRC"s and a 6.5x284 because they all were 1 in 8 also. Same thing with an almost full box of 123 Absolute's in 6.5 PRC's. No fps gain. Steve explained that. Now I listen and learn. 😉
Muddyboots just enlightened me to the 180 gr. 30 cal. Hammer Hunters compared to the 181"s. I didn't even know about them. He used RL26 with them in 300 win mag. I was using 181 with H1000 with over 3440 fps out of a 28 in barrel in a 300 RUM. I never thought of using RL26 with 181. Thought would be a little to slow burn. He sent me 15 of the 180's for the Don't pet Fluffy Cow t shirt . I'm going to try in 300 RUM first and maybe a load in 300 Win Mag. I'm sure I'll be buying more 180"s to test. I still have a full box of 178 AH I have never tried yet... Thinking good in 300 win mag ?