6.5 SS (Sherman Shortmag) Q@A

If they measure the same as other Savage short actions like the 116, yes.
I built a 7ss on the 116 and it works great!
Well thanks but now I'm confused. I thought a 116 was a long action. Maybe a coal for the 6.5 ss would clear things up for me? Thanks for your time.

Hey there Rich, hope your having a great new year! I had a question in regards to the pressure in the 6.5sst...the reamer drawings of the new 6.5prc aren't too far off from the reamer drawing of your 6.5sst. I realize that the chamber specs would be the indicator of how much pressure it would generate when loaded, but question is would some of the 6.5prc's published loads & data be a safe place to start with powders in the 6.5sst? Thanks!

Hey there Rich, hope your having a great new year! I had a question in regards to the pressure in the 6.5sst...the reamer drawings of the new 6.5prc aren't too far off from the reamer drawing of your 6.5sst. I realize that the chamber specs would be the indicator of how much pressure it would generate when loaded, but question is would some of the 6.5prc's published loads & data be a safe place to start with powders in the 6.5sst? Thanks!
Yes they would .There will be load data out for all the Sherman lines soon also.

there is quite a bit of data on this forun under " Sherman wildcat load data is here"
I know i think iv read them all and its all very informative. I dont need anymore data to start really i just thought maybe it was going to get published in something

I know i think iv read them all and its all very informative. I dont need anymore data to start really i just thought maybe it was going to get published in something
gotcha! Have you read the thread I referenc d or just bits and pieces throughout the forum?

Hey Rich,
Is there a reamer spec sheet for the 6.5 SST ?
I am getting ready to have Straight Jacket do me up a barrel for a TL3 and was looking to review before I pull the trigger...
Thanks...