6.5 SS (Sherman Shortmag) Q@A

Hey Rich,
Is there a reamer spec sheet for the 6.5 SST ?
I am getting ready to have Straight Jacket do me up a barrel for a TL3 and was looking to review before I pull the trigger...
Thanks...
15644129737127707927110969355019.jpg
]

I do have another question for you Rich.
6.5 SST brass is this in stock.
Forster 6.5 SST die set is this in stock.
Thanks so much...

Rich I was browsing your site and maybe I missed the thread on here about it. It says you are going to have fire formed 6.5 ss brass. Is someone actually fire forming it or is it coming from adg already formed to 6.5 ss?

Regards

Rich I was browsing your site and maybe I missed the thread on here about it. It says you are going to have fire formed 6.5 ss brass. Is someone actually fire forming it or is it coming from adg already formed to 6.5 ss?

Regards
Long way brass is forming it

Hello Mr. Osborne...I'm a 6.5sst shooter& have been for nearly 2yrs. I've got quite a bit of load info. I posted some under the Sherman load data post on LRS...but I can absolutely say that the v560 and re26 powders run well with regular. primers & the 14- 147grain bullets but also one powder that I haven't heard anyone else say anything about is 7828 standard not ss...I've gotten the lowest s.ds as well as best velocity from it when paired with br2's and hornady 143's and 147's. Retumbo also has been better than most and gives great s.d's and velocity with the heaviest bullets such as 147's and 150's. Hope that can help a little.

I've run the 6.5sst with bartlien 25" bbl and 26" bbl's with very little difference in velocity .Of course the 26" was a little faster. But powder burn was seemingly better as far as s.d.'s with the 26" bbl

I've shot the v564 and not really impressed. Takes more powder to do almost the same velocity with my 6.5sst

I should have clarified. Takes more v565 to equal a lesser charge of the v560 in my 6.5sst. About 3.5 to 3.8 grain more v565 to whatever v560,and it fills up the case more than the v560 which can be good or bad depending...but for me the V500 series of powders is a bit too corrosive. The nitroglycerin addition seems to really burn up throats compared with other powders. Since I'm shooting 200 plus rounds in one day the price paid for a little more velocity isn't worth the trade off with barrel life,especially since I can achieve the results I need with 7828. But absolutely for a hunting load for a hunting rifle that might see less than 20 rounds in a season, I could justify the means to an end using the v560,v565 or v570 powders.