6.5 PRC issues

Between ejector marks, swipe marks and flattened primers you got to be hitting close to 80,000 psi, maybe more. Exactly what are the loads you are shooting? Have you shot any factory ammo out of this gun, clean and carboned and are the case heads the same as these hand loads. If they are, gun needs to go back. Whatever, I would NOT shoot anymore of those hand loads.
Factory 143ELD-X

He said they are factory???
Well, he said he ran a factory load in that showed the marks on the bullet and neck he posted. I am not clear that the cases he took pictures of the case heads are factory. He says he is shooting factory ammo but the case heads show two and some three, ejector marks. Some show over;lapping ejector marks. Unless the gun has dual ejectors that doesn't look like most factory ammo case heads.

Well, he said he ran a factory load in that showed the marks he posted, I am not clear that the cases he took pictures of are factory. He says he is shooting factory ammo but the case heads show two and some three, ejector marks. Some show over;lapping ejector marks. Unless the gun has dual ejectors that doesn't look like most factory ammo case heads.
People they have dual ejectors.

The ??? Was because they looked so dang rough is all.

Last edited:
Yeah there's no way that's factory brass, it's been fired multiple times based on the ejector marks, it looks like 3 marks on some cases.
I'm guessing the web is over expanded and sticking too.

Well, he said he ran a factory load in that showed the marks on the bullet and neck he posted. I am not clear that the cases he took pictures of the case heads are factory. He says he is shooting factory ammo but the case heads show two and some three, ejector marks. Some show over;lapping ejector marks. Unless the gun has dual ejectors that doesn't look like most factory ammo case heads.
The rifle dose have two ejector and they came straight out of a Hornady ammo box

One thing I forgot to say is that I am shooting it suppressed don't know if that matters
If you are certain it's factory ammo then get a set of calipers and measure the fired neck diameter and compare to loaded neck diameter. If it expanded less than .004 the neck is definitely too tight.
Does the bolt close hard on new ammo?

That's not your issue. But thanks for sharing as many variables as possible.

Title should be changed to CA issue not 6.5prc. 😉
Seem's that, THIS,.. is NOT, the First, C A Rifle I've read about that,.. had that,.. SAME,.. "Issue" !
Bad Reamers and LACK of,.. Inspection upon, Test Firing ???
We're seeing way too many, Monday morning built, "Coffee Break",.. Rifles

Last edited:
Yeah there's no way that's factory brass, it's been fired multiple times based on the ejector marks, it looks like 3 marks on some cases.
I'm guessing the web is over expanded and sticking too.
Shot one time And if there was more to the story I would tell you guys.

Attachments

• FEAC0035-00E1-4DB3-93D4-246E32994522.jpeg
    FEAC0035-00E1-4DB3-93D4-246E32994522.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 449

Recent Posts