H-4350 6.5 CM issues

ak49guy

So I have been reloading for a while now. Roughly 4+ years. I have heard all the hype around 6.5 CM & H-4350. I finally found some in my town and started working some loads up. I got a 10 shot velocity nod test. Then build a load around the node. Settling around 41.7gr, with a SD of 3.7 and ES of 11. All load development was done with 3 shot groups. Once I got that settled. I worked seat depth. Again. 3 shot groups. Found the seat depth to run with shooting a solid .4MOA. Loaded up 10. Tested out to range. (500 yrd). 200 was 1.5 MOA, 300 not on paper. 400 2.5MOA, and 500 was 1.75MOA. All was done with a single stage reloder. And the only difference I can think of is the brass. It's all different brand of brass. From Hornady, Sig, Sierra. Everything else was the same. Trim, primer, seat depth etc. any ideas here?

This is a factory savage. 110. It was won in a raffle. Free gun basically. Tact driver since I've had it. Just wanted to try this H-4350

Different brands of brass used....unbelievable! Segregate brass by brand, one of the basics of reloading for accuracy.

Also, play with different brands of primers for group size, there will be some tremendous differences in group size.

Always put a very heavy chamfer on the inside of the neck as this is a "guide" that helps get the bullet started.

Keep the copper out of the barrel, and invest in a simple Teslong bore scope as an aid to being copper-free, your groups will stay small.
Looks like the savage is going to be a real winner!

Different brands of brass used....unbelievable! Segregate brass by brand, one of the basics of reloading for accuracy.

Also, play with different brands of primers for group size, there will be some tremendous differences in group size.

Always put a very heavy chamfer on the inside of the neck as this is a "guide" that helps get the bullet started.

Keep the copper out of the barrel, and invest in a simple Teslong bore scope as an aid to being copper-free, your groups will stay small.
Looks like the savage is going to be a real winner!
I have already loaded up with my Lapua brass and plan on shooting. I didn't expect it to be that bad with the great SD.

The scope it's a vortex viper HD 4x16x44. Not the greatest. But a good scope nonetheless. I did however just re-mount and torque and level before I shot these due to loose base. I resorted with factory 143 eld-x. But I do believe it could be the random brass. And not sticking with a single brass.

Guys, despite his mixed brass, he is getting very, very good results, which is a testament to his skill in reloading and shooting. A few tweaks here and there and he will attain some stellar accuracy! Agree?

Next will be gun maintenance as the barrel loads up from copper/carbon fouling.
Disagree. A testament to his skill at reloading would be NOT using mixed headstamp/brands of brass to begin with.

But, it was a good lesson learned. I am sure it will not happen again, and is a good message to spread to others.

Also, he had a loose scope base. Again, good lesson learned.