Reloading 6.5 cm

Primer: .04
40.5 rl-16 : .15 @ 27 a lb
140 eld-m: .28
Peterson brass @ 8 firings: .10

I buy the 140 eld in bulk when it's on sale. You can get 500 of them for 140 bucks at powder valley. That equals .57 a shot. So far I have 6 firings on that and it's still going very strong. I expect atleast another 5 out of it but i did 8 firings to be conservative. I was just ball parking it but looks like I was pretty close anyway.

I buy the 140 eld in bulk when it's on sale. You can get 500 of them for 140 bucks at powder valley. That equals .57 a shot. So far I have 6 firings on that and it's still going very strong. I expect atleast another 5 out of it but i did 8 firings to be conservative. I was just ball parking it but looks like I was pretty close anyway.

Peterson is good stuff.

I'd say that's better than paying a buck a round or more for box ammo lol.
I don't think those are typical, I was very fortunate and got some smoking deals on components from individuals the only things I paid retail for was the powder and it was on sale with a coupon to boot, needless to say me and my creeds spend a lot of time at the bench, my son don't mind tagging along either so there's two pulls on the trigger, maybe I should've said 70-90

I'm about .70/rd for anything I'd trust at distance.
Still sitting on and buying up old school 140 Amax's when I can find them.

Yeah, this seems pretty close to me. As a "non-high volume shooter" I don't pay too much attention to this but even .20/round more is wort it to me if I'm consistently hitting the mark.

Yeah, this seems pretty close to me. As a "non-high volume shooter" I don't pay too much attention to this but even .20/round more is wort it to me if I'm consistently hitting the mark.
I'm not a high volume shooter either. I'll take quality over quantity, but I still save where I can like shooting hornady bullets. I can shoot almost double the bullets for the same price with hornady than say Berger.

I'm not a high volume shooter either. I'll take quality over quantity, but I still save where I can like shooting hornady bullets. I can shoot almost double the bullets for the same price with hornady than say Berger.

No doubt. How bout the deal on 123 SSTs? I got a lot of them really cheap and run them in my 6.5L. My Creedmore primarily likes Accobonds. I find Midway deals on Nosler Ballistic tips too that shoot really well in my .25-06. Definitely not "cutting edge" projectiles but undrer 400 yards, what's not to like?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.