H-4350 6.5 CM issues

Youre running different types of brass. Why dont you start with the obvious problems first? Order new brass all from the same manufacturer and retry.
I have lots of lapua brass and nosler brass. I was going to most lazy rout possible and not just using my good stuff. I have had brass for a while now that just get piled up from factory ammo. I have (since this post and being made to fee pretty dumb for not using one brass like I always do) thrown all my other brass away. Using my Lapua and Nosler brass. 🤣👍🏼

Shoot the lapua and see how that goes.
And welcome!
What part of Ak?
Live on the Kenai people peninsula. I have thrown all my access brass away. I just don't use it outside of this rear Occasion. And everyone here has reminded me why. Lol. Lapua and nosler exclusively from here on out

Disagree. A testament to his skill at reloading would be NOT using mixed headstamp/brands of brass to begin with.

But, it was a good lesson learned. I am sure it will not happen again, and is a good message to spread to others.

Also, he had a loose scope base. Again, good lesson learned.
This is true. To a degree. I did use the mixed brass. Bone head move as I have been reloading for a while and never use multiple types of brass for load development. Or for any reason. However. The loose scope was found way down the road. I do not believe this was an issue as I was shooting .4MOA groups with other kids prior to this "issue" I ran into. And as for the rifle care. I clean the gun and barrel with a brush push then pads @ 25 rounds. Then deep clean @ 50. Or before I do any sort of new old development. Either way. I do appreciate the comment from all. I do know what I did wrong. Just never thought it would effect a .4" group at 100 with such low SD out to range like it did. Lessons learned.

The thread should be titled "Mixed headstamp brass issues" or be taken down all together. You don't even mention what bullets you loaded.
Bullets r irrelevant here. But thanks for the advise. * and yes. I should have known better then to mix brass.

However. I think I'll leave it up for ppl like urs viewing pleasure. 😁

Last edited:
Is it possible......that you aimed at the wrong target at 300? Have seen this happen more than once.
Oh yeah. But not likely. I made a bonehead move. Mixed my brass. And feel pretty dumb. I have since then fixed the issue. Plan on testing these out to range again this next week off.