7SS feeding issues with Wyatt's 6.5 prc kit and definace anti short action

alaska86

I have a new build 7SS with the 3.0" wyatt's 6.5 prc kit box magazine on a short action defiance anti. The back of the round doesn't stick up to be picked up by the bolt. There are no feed lips on this box. Anybody have this issue or suggestions to fix it? I've been tweeking the follower spring with no success.

I'm no smith, but the issue with the SS cartridge is how straight the body is and steep the shoulders are. I tried the staggered feed route with my 338SS and finally gave up. Had to switch over to the Wyatts CFE line. Not a complete waste because my 25SST feeds fine staggered, so I just switched boxes and followers with it and both feed now.
Maybe somebody on here smarter than me figured it out, but I couldn't. Good luck and let us know if you get it!

I'm no smith, but the issue with the SS cartridge is how straight the body is and steep the shoulders are. I tried the staggered feed route with my 338SS and finally gave up. Had to switch over to the Wyatts CFE line. Not a complete waste because my 25SST feeds fine staggered, so I just switched boxes and followers with it and both feed now.
Maybe somebody on here smarter than me figured it out, but I couldn't. Good luck and let us know if you get it!
What issues were you having?

I had a 6.5SS that fed smoothly from a Wyatt's internal mag box, but I do not remember the model #.
I use an accurate .300WSM in several other 6.5SS and 7SSs. Once youbslightly adjust the feed lips, smooth as silk.

Disregard my poor bolt manipulation in a lefty sitting on my lap, but here is a video.

Lance, was that a staggered feed wyatts or their center feed box ones? I couldn't for the life of me get the staggered feed box to work. I'm sure a Smith could, I'm just not that talented.
Alaska, initially it wouldn't pick up the round due to the back being lower. I fixed this by taking some material off the follower allowing the first round to sit straighter in the box snd not angled as much. So it would pick round up now, but then it would jammed on the feed ramp and get stuck. I screwed with it for a little more but then just swapped it with the center feed box a filler and no issues.

Well after lots of messing with it and tweeking and grinding. I broke the follower spring. I did get enough heal pressure by flipping the spring over but once the spring got compressed by the 2nd round the follower was hitting the lip on the bottom metal. I couldn't take enough metal out to make it work that way. So i broke down and ordered the Hawkins M5 hunter bottom metal to cure the issue. Thanks for all your input.