6.5 BEANMORE

Going to be doing some load development with the BeanMore on Saturday for a nilgai hunt in two weeks. Planning to run a prototype 105gr Hammer AHT. If it works out as planned I will be looking to pin the shoulders on a big bull nilgai with the BeanMore. I will probably start another thread with the range results from Sat.
Looking forward to the AHT results C'mon Back

Gday dougduey
Thanks for the kind words

I better come clean on a few fronts

1st I learnt headshots the hard way as for a while one company I shot for if you didn't headshot you didn't get paid for that critter
Plain & simple
Which was a waste of a bullet & critter as it was just left to rot ( neck shots also weren't allowed )
So money down the drain & I was tight for every cent I could get

2nd
I missed a few don't worry about that
The wind played havoc with me on those head shots plus those peacocks are incredibly hard as unless they are in a tree they basically don't stop moving their heads in the open grasslands ( I didn't shoot any up in trees as I was unfamiliar with where everything was eg neighbours , cattle , roads etc so I just didn't squeeze off on them in that position but amongst the trees on ground level I got better opportunities )

3rd the wallaby on this property were extremely dumb as not shot @ for a incredibly long time & most never heard a rifle im sure

4th & this is where this cup come in
View attachment 532850
One of your homeland guys yes a yank 😜 came out to Aussie last year & he struggled to hit our wallaby in the head or even chest as some of these critters have seen to many mates become victims & not that easy so it was just advised to go centre mass as I needed to get numbers down on that property ( shooting a300 rum or 375 rum or 500 Jeffery centremass they don't go far even with a c&c target bullet 🤣 )
So now it's a running joke between us & a few mates as if they are hard just go centre mass & id opened my mouth on there will be no centre mass on this trip
Hence the cup pic 😇

Enough of that let's get back to the beanmore & pills

On that trip
A few pills used
Took a 100 fireform loads with the 80hht ( seated only one band in neck as looking @ a couple things with that pill )
Velocity unknown groups unknown but proved deadly on wallaby to 175 ish

95 loads of 85hh @3710 & grouped like this @100 just prior to leaving as I wanted a fast pill for the head shots as a shorter time of flight is valuable imo for better results prior to that I had @3400 load
View attachment 532852
This was my hammer trail load which proved extremely valuable to work actual wind out as I sux @ wind reading on gusts between 10&25 & then gaps between hedge rows funnelled wind plus combining it all together just when the heads stationary
Yep I missed a fair few ( roughly 60% head shots on the birds that 1st day & no lost critters all trip )

Lastly took 5x125hht @3050 incase I saw a deer & no luck on that front but that was my 500 & in pill & worked well on peacocks @10 yard or less 😜

I've used the following in the beanmore
80 ,118&125hht
85,99 ,110&124 hh
97AH
By far my favourite is that 125 hht as that dumped buff cows across various angles & blew me away & yet still works very well on deer etc
I like the 97AH also but that 85hh is so accurate & I love speed so that's up there also but not on big critters for me although I'll take them if the opportunity exists if that's what's in the magazine just lucky it's a Beanmore pushing it out right 🤪😜

I think we are lacking a 100ish weight in the hht or a absolute tipped so I await those 🤔😎but hope they come around as hopefully I can get my body back in cull mode as I need to do some camel reconnaissance for a future planned trip so be good to use them on those guys & notch another species up to the beanmore

Here's one that is going to make some of the purists potentially shutter a bit 🫣🫣

This beanmore has had just over 1600 rounds down the barrel now & still hasn't been cleaned & it's also not had to be rezeroed since the first day & it's only zeroed for the 125hht

Must be a beanmore thing 🤷‍♂️🤪😜
Sorry for the dribble but I love my beanmore 😍

Cheers
Is your rifle a 1 in 7" twist also?

A T3 Lite might clean up nice and make for a neat little packing rifle..........:)

Now if we could only get RCBS or Redding dies..........I dislike the Horn dies about as much as Bean dislikes the CM:(
Really? I have liked them. They need the vld seater for the longer bullets though.

What is the COL going to run? I have a model 112 Savage that has a 26" varmint barrel on it. It is chambered in 22-250. I checked and a 6.5 PRC at 2.915" just barely fit in the mag freely that the 22-250 sits in. Just wondering if the Beanmore will fit or if anyone knows options on this gun? It looks like metal could be removed at the back but then it might just be smarter to get a different donor action.

What is the COL going to run? I have a model 112 Savage that has a 26" varmint barrel on it. It is chambered in 22-250. I checked and a 6.5 PRC at 2.915" just barely fit in the mag freely that the 22-250 sits in. Just wondering if the Beanmore will fit or if anyone knows options on this gun? It looks like metal could be removed at the back but then it might just be smarter to get a different donor action.
With which bullet?

I had to look again. It is a 123 Hornady SST. Factory COL in Hornady book says 2.955 if I remember right. This was a hand load. And really has absolutely nothing to do with the 22-250 other than I used it as a length gauge to see if it would fit in the mag.
OK now I get it. You want to know that the magazine capacity is in the BeanMore. I'll measure mine today.

OK now I get it. You want to know that the magazine capacity is in the BeanMore. I'll measure mine today.
I was just wanting to know how long the COL was coming out to be on most of the Beanmores.
Trying to figure out if I rebarrel my 22-250 in 6.5 Beanmore if the 6.5 Beanmore will fit down in the factory mag on this Savage 112 22-250.