Case Capacity:6.5 CM, 6.5 Swede, 6.5 PRC & Other 6.5 Comparisons

foul bore.
Browning makes the 6.5 PRC X-Bolt in several models, mine is the "regular" Pro version with the 24" barrel but the X-Bolt also comes in a Long RangePro with a 26"barrel for max velocity. The Pro model with its carbon fiber stock, stainless barreled action and factory lapped barrel, fluting everywhere, etc. is their top line. Browning calls it "semi-custom".

Plinker 147,
You are correct in that case design makes a difference in powder performance/velocity. Sharper shoulders help this as the pioneering Ferris-Pindel (sp?) bench rest cartridges proved. Also of course is the use of a longer neck to accommodate heavier bullets that are longer by necessity. So slightly increased case capacity by moving the shoulder forward and more steeply angled to make room for a longer neck and stay within roughly standardized action lengths has guided case development.

I haven't used my new Magnetospeed on the 6.5 PRC Pro rifle yet but will in early December. I'm interested in seeing what SD I'll get from 143 gr. Hornady ELD-X Precision Hunter factory ammo.

Eric B.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts