4 gun battery, you pick um????

I´d keep the 223 for plinking
6.5 CM will cover LRS and medium sized game
7mm rem mag for Big Game
.338 EDGE just for fun and stretching the range.

4 guns? that would be hard for me.

I have all my grandfathers both sides of the family shotguns

My father's guns

my rimfire .22's

my ar collection that goes from .223, 6mm, 6.5 mm

My hunting rifles

and my bench guns

NO hope for me

but there is an option. Savage switch barrel. building a bench one now. It will be 6BR and 6.5 creedmoor for now. I am sure more barrels and calibers will be added later.

Plan to add a switch barrel hunting rifle soon. It will be 6.5 SAUM and 300 WSM. Really want to use the Mausingfield action. The ultimate savage style action. But they sure are proud of them.

Well I think I'd need a 22lr, 6.5x47 Lapua, 270 WSM, 338 Lapua Improved, the 6.5 would be in a truck/horse gun type of build for shooting anything that needs shot built on a Kelbly Atlas with a DBM, the 270 WSM would be a Tikka with a #4 barrel, braked for general hunting to 1000 yards then the 338 Lapua would be a ELR type single shot platform probably on the Kelbly 338 LM Panda. For me shotguns are useless, can't shoot my way out of a wet paper bag with one, I'm much better with a 22lr.

Ooooh, tough one.

As not got a hand gun with what I've got I'd go:

Brno. 22lr 3-9x36 scope Very accurate plinker and bunny getter (Could maybe do with a bigger objective scope for low light though)
7x64 bolt action – from foxes to moose this thing with a decent soft point will do it (currently got 6-24x56 target scope on it – would probably change for a 3-12 and call it good for hunting)
9.3x62 – my driven boar gun and is on the light end of a dangerous game rifle

12 bore Benelli Supernova with a short barrel for carry whilst fishing, getting wood etc and my 28" multi-choke barrel for hunting with (birdshot in appropriate sizes, buckshot and slug makes it very versatile).

Scrummy

I am thinking about thinning the heard a little and going to a four gun battery. Kinda thinking I could cover the whole spectrum with the right four guns. Here are my thoughts, but was wondering what others would choose.

• 223 plinking
243 coyotes and such
280AI most everything from speed goats to elk
35 whelen elk, moose, and bear

lets here your thoughts on this and what changes you would make. Thanks

Self:
  • .22 rimfire (plinking,practice, shooting with the grandkids)
  • .223 Rem ( plinking, varmints, defense)
  • 6.5-284 (long range work)
  • .375 AI (all hunting)
Wife:
  • .22 rimfire ( same as above)
  • .223 Rem (same as same)
  • 6.5-284 (same as above)
  • .338 WM (same as above)
memtb

My current battery
22lr
17hmr
6.5 creedmoor
7mm rem mag
12 gauge (winchester sx3)

I also have 3 handguns. If i could only have 4 long guns then Id take out the 22 lr. Prefer the 17 over the 22.

First off, I would never limit myself to a 4 rifle quota in my safe... But if I had to on a hypothetical, I guess I would say...

Ruger 10/22
AR-15 (with different uppers in 5.56, .300 BLK, & 6.5 Grendel)
.308 Win.
7mm RemMag, 7mm STW, or .28 Nosler

And of course, a couple pistols and a shotgun or 2 would round-out the "minimum needs" in your collection.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.