338 win mag

Good choice, I think Ballistically the 225gr in cup and core type bullets are the perfect weight for that cartridge. When I was younger and more of a speed demon I hunted with a 160gr x-bullet at over 3400 fps. Now I got a little older and I think a little wiser( yes I said I 🤔 🤣)the numbers just work out better on the 225gr.
My 250g load was no slouch; I feel that I am not able to take full advantage of what it has to offer that the 225g already does for my set-up/intended purpose.

I don't think jjmp is disagreeing with you at all memtb.
I think he's more talking about our personal abilities to shoot at that range.
There is no doubt the cartridge has the hp to get out there and touch someone.
Personally, I shoot a .340 Weatherby Mag Mark V with handloads of 225gr TTSX with similar .338 qualities. It for sure has the hp to do those ranges. Out of my 26"bbl, I get 3160fps easily, so ballistically speaking, I totally agree with you.
My WAG is @memtb responded because of the first sentence.
The great 338w-magnum is not a 600 yd elk cartridge,
That statement can be a distractor and prompt his brain to disagree. L😇L. Disagreement is OK as long as we stay civil, which both parties did, as it should be. WHOA! We all know LRH/S does not happen overnight (practice, practice, practice), and not everybody has the same skill sets. "I" see two factors in LRH/S; the cartridge choice/rifles set-up and the "NUT" behind the trigger. The latter remains the most significant factor and is often not realized. Cheers!

My WAG is @memtb responded because of the first sentence.

That statement can be a distractor and prompt his brain to disagree. L😇L. Disagreement is OK as long as we stay civil, which both parties did, as it should be. WHOA! We all know LRH/S does not happen overnight (practice, practice, practice), and not everybody has the same skill sets. "I" see two factors in LRH/S; the cartridge choice/rifles set-up and the "NUT" behind the trigger. The latter remains the most significant factor and is often not realized. Cheers!

How dare you! I've never been referred to as civil! 😁😉 memtb