338 Edge Twins

I have to give a big thanks to my brother TMR for building these rifles.!! He's done one heck of a job, and I'm most pleased to show this thing off to everyone I know. Only problem now is that neither one of us has any excuse to miss since they both shoot in the same place every time no matter what we've fed them. The Edge is truly an amazingly forgiving caliber it seems, and both of these rifles instill a lot of confidence in the shooter.

Something is wrong here, they have 2 338 edges and I dont even have one

:(
Yes, but it's only one per nut behind the scope:) And we needed to have something to defend ourselves against those savage prairie dogs.!!! They get pretty mean.

just curious as to the final costs of the rifles with all the smithing and accessories????

Even with the Nightforce 22x, I'm not sure I can see the end of the bill yet.?

Thanks Shawn, your help was much appreciated....We are looking foward to using them at your class in May and learning some of the finer points of long range shooting.

They have our initials on the butt of pistol grip area, and our names engraved in the floorplates. Otherwise, they are hard to tell apart, and we mixed them up a couple times while cleaning and shooting them this last weekend. It has been a fun project for us and we look foward to using them this fall.

TMR and Toyotasaurus,

Those rifles ain't nuttin but fine. That's what I want my next custom rifle to look like. right now I only have a pretty barrel to stare at.

How do you guys like those Manners stocks? I've been thinking about ordering the same one you have on those beauties.

Nice job on the paint!

TMR and Toyotasaurus,

Those rifles ain't nuttin but fine. That's what I want my next custom rifle to look like. right now I only have a pretty barrel to stare at.

How do you guys like those Manners stocks? I've been thinking about ordering the same one you have on those beauties.

Nice job on the paint!

I really like this stock, very light and comfortable to shoot. The grip and forend really fit my hands well. I'd definitely buy another. As a side benefit, they required very little finish work!

Jimbo,

You will really like the Manner's stocks. These have the carbon fiber shell, so most of the weight is in the butt. The rifles balance pretty well for their size. On the bipod, they just kinda float and are very stable. When you get them, Tom has the painted and finished already, they just need bedded. I wish the his OD green would have matched a little better as it would have eliminated that step. The only thing I have noticed, is that on most of his stocks, the ejector port isn't quite long enough. I lengthed these to match the action so it looked a little better.

Thanks for the input guys. I believe that stock will fit my next build just right.

Get'm all dialed in and next huntin' season let's see some antler pics, with those guns included of course.

TMR, I have started to gather the components for my 338LM build and am looking at the McMillan A-5 versus the Manners T-2 or T-4. I have a Stiller TAC 338 and a Broughton fluted 1-10 twist that goes 1.25 for 6" and will finish at .9 at 30". I will be using either Seekins or Badger DBM. Any input on the Manners versus the McMillan? By the way, beautiful rigs.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.