300 WSM AR10

I was looking at your KAK magnum BCG. Did they have a recommended buffer spring and weight to use? 300WSM has about the same foot pounds as a 450 marlin
I've got (2) 45 Raptors, and a 450BM, that shoot a 255 grain bullet at @ 2650
like my (2) WSMs, I use a 9.3oz buffer, Tubbs Flat wire spring, and a Full Mass BCG with a double ejector, and an Adj gas block
Works great

I totally pieced these rifles together from a variety of manufacturers. So I don't know or recall specifics about the spring and weight. Barrels from one place, hand guards from another, forged upper and lower from another, fire control kit from another. The only part that bit me was the "Bolt Catch Release" So I took pictures and sent it to the vendor and they just couldn't understand why the small tip didn't work. It made the maiden voyage a single shot that couldn't hold the bolt open. :(

I found the wider tip somewhere.

24 inch SS 308 scope is a 4-48 power 65mm objective. So I can get on varmints faster at long ranges. The Speer 125 gr TNT can really red mist critters with Accurate 2460 down loaded to 3200 fps 48.8

LOL, your picture of a C-130 reminded me of why I hated AF guys. We had to go some where quick so they sent us over to catch a ride on a c-130. They had us sitting on cargo nets and gave us this bubble gum looking stuff for hearing protection and we took off. The rear door couldn't shut and seal, we were all freezing to death and the bastard AF guys had fur parkas and gloves and they were laughing. It only had a out house on the rear drop door and the flight was something like 14 hours. We should have kick all their asses and taken their coats.
I would pay homage and pray to the gun gods for a year of you could remember where you sourced that "wide tip" bolt stop. PPPlease!:)

It does lock back reliably.

That thing about the mag lips...that was my initial thought. Not the lips adjustment, but was thinking the cases weren't high enough. That's what I'm going to do next. Try for another .030 or .040 protrusion into the bolt path.
If this gun locks back on one round fired, it's probably a cycling issue. Spring weight and buffer weight. As others have said
Good luck.

I totally pieced these rifles together from a variety of manufacturers. So I don't know or recall specifics about the spring and weight. Barrels from one place, hand guards from another, forged upper and lower from another, fire control kit from another. The only part that bit me was the "Bolt Catch Release" So I took pictures and sent it to the vendor and they just couldn't understand why the small tip didn't work. It made the maiden voyage a single shot that couldn't hold the bolt open. :(

I found the wider tip somewhere.

I would pay homage and pray to the gun gods for a year of you could remember where you sourced that "wide tip" bolt stop. PPPlease!:)
I think that it was this vendor.

Attachments

• small tip 2.jpg
    small tip 2.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Large tip.jpg
    Large tip.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 76
Hello everyone,
As this thread started for 300 WSM and 300 SAUM. I am wondering what you are using for your center feed magazine and followers?
I'm building a 7mm Sherman Short Tactical on a Aero Precision M5 builders set, KAK BCG, 27in barrel 1-8 twist, adjustable gas block etc.

I've been using 10 round ASC Steel mag no issue with 300 WSM. I tried the 20 round and it bulge. And binds too much.

Bruce at MDWS whose been toying around with the 300 Western cases building big bore calibers, removed the follower and machined out the middle.

I've been using 10 round ASC Steel mag no issue with 300 WSM. I tried the 20 round and it bulge. And binds too much.

Bruce at MDWS whose been toying around with the 300 Western cases building big bore calibers, removed the follower and machined out the middle.
How many WSM rounds can you get in that ASC mag?
Thanks

Bruce and Mark are good guys-- Bruce knows a lot about wildcats too.

My go-to mags in all my small and large frame ar's are asc ss mags. Can't beat them in my eyes. They allow loading a bit longer, mag lips can be tweaked if needed, can cut out the front pretty easy for " long loads" -- good cust service too.

Bruce and Mark are good guys-- Bruce knows a lot about wildcats too.

My go-to mags in all my small and large frame ar's are asc ss mags. Can't beat them in my eyes. They allow loading a bit longer, mag lips can be tweaked if needed, can cut out the front pretty easy for " long loads" -- good cust service too.
Are you using them for WSMs or SAUMs?

How many WSM rounds can you get in that ASC mag?
Thanks
10 round holds 5.
15 round holds 7 (would not advise).
20 round holds 9 (would not advise).

If someone wants to make money. There is a market for strong single feed mags with reinforced walls.

Olympic arms had some way back when but all their gear was proprietary and like $100.00 a mag.

Last edited:
10 round holds 5.
15 round holds 8 (would not advise).
20 round holds 10 (would not advise).

If someone wants to make money. There is a market for strong single feed mags with reinforced walls.

Olympic arms had some way back when but all their gear was proprietary and like $100.00 a mag.
Wernt the oly arms mags cnc'd alum? Thicker so they limited oal a bit iirc.