AR10 300 SAUM Deer

long450

Shot this deer with the Accuracy Systems INC 300 SAUM upper at 120 yards with the 165 Hornady SST IL. It dropped in its tracks.

Attachments

• 2011 tenpt.jpg
    2011 tenpt.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
Very nice... where did you source a barrel, or is this an Armalite/DPMS version?

--Edit to add: Saw your post that the upper is from Accuracy Systems. Nice guys. Did you find any other manufacturers of barrels that suited your tastes besides this company? Lastly would you recommend them then for someone that has a .308 already for them to open it up to perform a retrofit?

sneedb82,

if you want a magnum caliber, you will need a complete upper and lower. You can watch the gun adds and occasionally find a DPMS 300 saum for sale. Otherwise, you will need to ask the smith to build a complete rifle. I already had the complete rifle from DPMS, so I just got the upper. The DPMS complete rifle shot well with the 20" barrel, but I wanted the 24" barrel, plus the brake. The rifle in the picture kicks like a 223 Rem.

i looked on their site and didn't see it listed however i remember they used to have it listed (a couple of years back when i was doing some accurizing on a mini-14) hmm is that a dpms compatible upper?

I just looked on their web site and I did not see it either. I would call Carl and tell him what you are interested in. Their web site has a similar one in 7-08. Mine is DPMS upper and price started around $1400 and added fluting, brake, and quad rail. The fluting and quad you can do without, but not the brake in a magnum caliber. He will try to sell you a 22" barrel, but mine is 24" and works great.

I just looked on their web site and I did not see it either. I would call Carl and tell him what you are interested in. Their web site has a similar one in 7-08. Mine is DPMS upper and price started around $1400 and added fluting, brake, and quad rail. The fluting and quad you can do without, but not the brake in a magnum caliber. He will try to sell you a 22" barrel, but mine is 24" and works great.
sweat thanx, i have a dpms and wanted an upper in 300 saum to trade back and forth with my .308 but when i went to his site it was gone. then i saw you on here braggin :D i agree about the 24" and break! whats the purpose of a mag if you cant burn all the powder? extra blast gun) ? i usually dont go for the fluting as it really doesnt save much weight and causes uneven barrel expansion. but a break just makes shootin mags enjoyable. thanx again i'll givem a call:)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts