ar10 bolt

ARlife4me

besides kak, does anyone know else makes either a complete magnum bcg or just magnum bolts? my google-fu isn't working very well. accuracy systems in CO makes short mag complete uppers, but don't know (and doesn't state on their site) if they will sell just the bcg/bolt.

Other than KAK I'm not really sure, these days you may have to get someone to open up a standard bolt face. I know JP, toolcraft, and maybe a few more make "high pressure" ar10 bolts with smaller firing pins and tighter firing pin channel clearance, but AFAIK they don't offer them in a short mag.

If I was going the route of opening one up, it would be JP...and I wouldn't load hot. I thought hard about building a 300wsm ar10, but figured there was a reason very few people still made them and stuck with good ole .308 and .243. That 24" .243 is a laser beam of death from a stand.

Now I'm wanting to see a SFAR sized 300wsm 😁

Call ben at jp ,ask him if they would make a mag bolt face bolt .

One of the big challenges with WSM and short magnum rounds is the angle of entrance from mag to chamber....causes extreme angles that knock out bullet concetricity within casing, and overall increases FTFeed issues.

Last edited:
Other than KAK I'm not really sure, these days you may have to get someone to open up a standard bolt face. I know JP, toolcraft, and maybe a few more make "high pressure" ar10 bolts with smaller firing pins and tighter firing pin channel clearance, but AFAIK they don't offer them in a short mag.

If I was going the route of opening one up, it would be JP...and I wouldn't load hot. I thought hard about building a 300wsm ar10, but figured there was a reason very few people still made them and stuck with good ole .308 and .243. That 24" .243 is a laser beam of death from a stand.

Now I'm wanting to see a SFAR sized 300wsm 😁
One of the big challenges with WSM and short magnum rounds is the angle of entrance from mag to chamber....causes extreme angles that knock out bullet concetricity within casing, and overall increases FTFeed issues.

Might contact Bear Creek, I saw a 300 win mag ar10 listed, they also have long action AR 10 for sale

Yea I was too afraid it would end up being an expensive headache, and had read a good bit about sheared lugs as well. I'm no stranger to opened up bolt faces in ARs, I do a large percentage of my brush stomping hunting with a 12" .458 socom...but really figured there was a good enough reason nobody really still messes with short magnums that I didn't want the aggravation or expense.

I do think a 24-26" 300 wsm AR that was reliable, accurate, and didn't destroy brass first shot would make a hell of a long range stand semi auto, I just couldn't personally justify the plunge.

Nemo makes several flavors of full length magnum ARs, they're on stretched and beefed up receivers vs AR10 though, and not cheap.

Might contact Bear Creek, I saw a 300 win mag ar10 listed, they also have long action AR 10 for sale
That is new, but that they do-- for 2k....in the past they have had spotty qc, but I have a 223 and 450bm from them that are sub 3/4 moa, had to use their cs once and they impressed me with what they did.
I'd let others test first but it might be fun In the future --- looks like they have 270/30-06&300wm
Looks like they might be watching nemo

That is new, but that they do-- for 2k....in the past they have had spotty qc, but I have a 223 and 450bm from them that are sub 3/4 moa, had to use their cs once and they impressed me with what they did.
I'd let others test first but it might be fun In the future --- looks like they have 270/30-06&300wm
Looks like they might be watching nemo
Just stay away from their .458 socoms. They're cheap and tempting, but ~8 people bought uppers in a group I'm in, and 0 ran out of the box. The one that was finally tweaked to running right was sent to Tromix to go over. I was surprised Tony took it to massage. Very glad I went with tromix for mine, it's been flawless and lays the smack down on deer and hogs out to ~150.

Definitely didn't know they came out with long action ARs, interesting. I'll keep my eye on the guinea pigs, I'd love a 300wm AR for no real practical reason!