AR10 barrels

Your GB appears to stick out about the same as it does on my SP10. Good looking piece you have there.
Yes it does I had this extra upper laying here and planned on a 20 inch 243 barrel to fit under the Fortis Switch hand guard but decided on the PR barrel instead. I just cerakoted it all in midnight bronze and put the first 25 rounds of break in ammo down the tube. I personally don't think it looks too bad with the exposed gas block.

My SP10 was originally the 308 version, but considering the 6.5CM doesn't shoot a great deal of powder, I'd be very surprised if there was 50-60 fps difference between the 22 and 24.

I lose way more velocity than that. With factory ammo and reloads.

I greatly appreciate you and everyone else's information on this issue. Thank you. I think I am going to either look into the Proof research barrel or scrap my SC10 and find a different brand.

Doesn't need to be a PR barrel. I have three Satern AR barrels and though I've only shot one of them so far (.308Win) I am extremely pleased with it and expect the others to shoot just as good if not better.

For factory ammo I have used hornady match 143 grain projectiles. I have also used the federal loaded with Berger 130 grain bullets.

For reloading I have tried 130 grain Sierra TMKs, 130 grain Berger OTM, and hornady 143 grain ELD. For powders I have tried Superformace, RL16, RL17, H4350 and others ( I'd have too look later). I use federal 210m primers.
Seems like you should have found something with as much as you have tried. Have you actually adjusted your gas block? I run a SLR on mine, which is front adjustable, and from having it fully opened to run in to where it no longer cycles properly and then back out two more clicks I see about 90 FPS gained. If your way over gassed you may be losing some speed and also having other issues, not saying you are just something to consider/eliminate. I'd stay away from Superperformance in the gas guns, I talked to hornady and hodgdon when it first came out and they said it's got a slower burn rate and longer pressure curve that wouldn't be best suited for gas guns. My AR10 with 20" Proof barrel likes the 140 Sierra MKs and Berger 135 Classics loaded with H4350.

Seems like you should have found something with as much as you have tried. Have you actually adjusted your gas block? I run a SLR on mine, which is front adjustable, and from having it fully opened to run in to where it no longer cycles properly and then back out two more clicks I see about 90 FPS gained. If your way over gassed you may be losing some speed and also having other issues, not saying you are just something to consider/eliminate. I'd stay away from Superperformance in the gas guns, I talked to hornady and hodgdon when it first came out and they said it's got a slower burn rate and longer pressure curve that wouldn't be best suited for gas guns. My AR10 with 20" Proof barrel likes the 140 Sierra MKs and Berger 135 Classics loaded with H4350.

I will give that a go. Thank you

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.