Ring Height Kelbly Nanook/NX8 4-32

But a 50mm objective is not a 50mm measurement on the outside of the objective bell.

Don't forget to add the Pic rail height to the equasion.

Here is a Kelbly Nanook SA, Proof Sendero contour, w. ARC 30mm low .94" rings and a NF NX8 2.5-20x50 for reference. Still clears the scope caps.
View attachment 497115
View attachment 497116
The rail should be part of the measurement only the top of it/bottom of the ring up is equated. An average od increase of 8-10mm beyond objective size on the optics I have seem to be norm. 50 objective is close to 60. Yup, didn't count for that. 1.200-1.250" for rings depending on manufacturer.

Didn't order them yet, trying to find a stock right now. I might try to get some this week.
nice well American precision arms has their rings on sale so I went with medium we shall see running a carbon benchmark barrel by Hells Canyon Armory and xlr chassis.

I had a set of low Warne maximad laying around so I loosely put them on and it doesn't seem to work. The bolt handle barely hits the scope, but the objective looks like it would hit the barrel. I'm going to try to find the specs on the Warne rings, for whatever reason they don't have that dimension listed on the chart for maxima rings. Maybe it's the same as the mountain techs.

Attachments

• 20230927_212028.jpg
    20230927_212028.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 93
@djewell87 what did you end up going with? I'm also interested in seeing how you feel things ended up with putting the NX8 on the Nanook? Had some concern it would give proper eye relief with how short the tube is and the knobs more forward with integral rail.

I ended up going with medium Hawkins and it was just right.
@djewell87 what did you end up going with? I'm also interested in seeing how you feel things ended up with putting the NX8 on the Nanook? Had some concern it would give proper eye relief with how short the tube is and the knobs more forward with integral rail.