Nightforce NX8 4-32 MOA opinions

It's the same MOAR reticle as in the ATACR.
the MIL-C is same as MOAR???
th

the MIL-C is same as MOAR???
th
Elk Hunter, I wasn't paying attention when I quoted you, that was meant for Rick Richard question (Is there any difference in reticle thickness between the MOA vs the MIL-C at low and high magnification when looking through the scope?)

I meant the specs are the same MOAR that they used on the ATACR, it hasn't changed. The reticle specs on both are on Nightforce website. The MIL C is a floating dot .05mil and the MOAR is a small cross hair about .125moa, I'll let Rick Richards figure out the conversion from MIL to MOA. LOL

Last edited:
They are fantastic little scopes and nightforce is headed in the right direction..
32 power is a bit much on this size of optic! that high of mag is useful on a 34 or 35mm main tube and 56 mm obj .. but on the other end the 2.5 is to low for F1.
on high power the reticle is huge in my mind and they would've been better to do a floating dot like Kahles has.
i found that i use mine on 4-22'sh power even when shooting for tiny groups 32 washes out alot and like i said before the reticle is huge.

Really wish NF will give us a MOA version of the Mil-C reticle.... MOA-C(patent rights...☺).
That will be great!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.