Newb with my NF NX8 4-32

What exactly is an eye box when using a magnified optic?

The eye box is the area behind the optic to freely move the position of the eye closer, further, up/down, left/right, and still see a clear field of view on a given scope magnification setting and eye relief distance.

Operative word is AREA. Smaller the area the more finicky.

Then its not set up right. I got the 2.5-20 even though the internet said the eyebox was finicky. I had no problem getting it set up. Eye relief issues are operator error. Threads like this leads to false information.

LRO did a review of both scopes and also had no issues.
LRO is in the business of supporting their sponsors (as they should). No different than race car teams, professional fishing, or any other business that makes money from their sponsors. You don't hear the driver of the Pennzoil car telling you Mobile oil is better. If you think everything is unbiased over there I have some ocean front property to sell you in Iowa.

LRO is in the business of supporting their sponsors (as they should). No different than race car teams, professional fishing, or any other business that makes money from their sponsors. You don't hear the driver of the Pennzoil car telling you Mobile oil is better. If you think everything is unbiased over there I have some ocean front property to sell you in Iowa.
I knew this was coming. Laughable.

It's absolutely no different with a spotting scope either. See how easy it is to get and maintain a full imagine on 25X vs 70X when you have to float your head behind it lol. Dudes act like they have magical perfect optics and setups with all the forgiveness in the world. Give me a break. It's just optics doing optics things. We all use them and understand them extensively.
Yes but some optics are more finicky than others, the NX8 is definitely in the more finicky category.
Also the glass quality is laughable on a $2000 optic, it gets ridiculous past 15x.
The image darkening especially in the 20x range is unlike any other higher end optics I've used.
My March FX 4.5-28 maintains its clear crisp image all the way to max magnification, and there aren't any weird tunneling issues even past 20x.
Having owned one I'm sure you're aware

Yes but some optics are more finicky than others, the NX8 is definitely in the more finicky category.
Also the glass quality is laughable on a $2000 optic, it gets ridiculous past 15x.
The image darkening especially in the 20x range is unlike any other higher end optics I've used.
My March FX 4.5-28 maintains its clear crisp image all the way to max magnification, and there aren't any weird tunneling issues even past 20x.
Having owned one I'm sure you're aware
Couldn't agree more with you đź‘Ť