Nightforce NX8 4-32 MOA opinions

Rick Richard

Hey fellow forum members,

Looking for real life experience from the folks who have used this optic as to what you think of the MOA or even MIL-C reticle at both low and high magnification. Thinking about going this route for a hunting rifle and would appreciate the feedback.

Thanks in advance,
Rick

I really like mine too. Reticle is definitely small on the low magnification, but since I started out using 5.5-22 nxs scopes, I just leave it around 5-6 and it is good. Turning on illumination on when on lowest mag power helps too. Red or green like the ATACR's. Super clear and with the maginification range, your not wanting more or less in any situation. I have 3 now and sold all of my NXS's. I use all MOA.

I have about 80 rounds through my Seekins PH2 in 28 Nosler topped with a NXS 8 4X32 the side focus is for sure pretty touchy but I'm getting used to it. It's nice and clear and when cranked all the way up to 32 having a mini spotting scope mounted on your rifle. I went with the NXS8 because it was smaller than the NXS as I'm going to use it as a rifle and possibly try my hand at some long range team shoots.

I really like mine too. Reticle is definitely small on the low magnification, but since I started out using 5.5-22 nxs scopes, I just leave it around 5-6 and it is good. Turning on illumination on when on lowest mag power helps too. Red or green like the ATACR's. Super clear and with the maginification range, your not wanting more or less in any situation. I have 3 now and sold all of my NXS's. I use all MOA.
How is the reticle thickness on high magnification in your opinion?

Tried to like these, especially with some of the deals going on recently. Tight eyebox, finicky parallax, fisheye on high mag we're more than enough to not get one.

Tried to like these, especially with some of the deals going on recently. Tight eyebox, finicky parallax, fisheye on high mag we're more than enough to not get one.

Any chance I could get feedback on nx8 eyebox vs atacr eyebox? Been asking around and haven't looked at an nx8 yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.