Ring height/NX8/ARC rings

shooters

Anyone out there by chance have an NX8 4-32 mounted on a Defiance GA Hunter Action over a Proof barrel? Wondering if the ARC x-low rings at .790 are too low. Next step up are their mediums at .940 which seem pretty high. Thanks.

I have an NXS with 56mm objective with nightforce low rings (.850) mounted on a defiance deviant with a sendero light barrel. With the NX8 being 50mm I'd say it'll work, unless you have proof sendero/m24 contour barrel then it may not.

Anyone out there by chance have an NX8 4-32 mounted on a Defiance GA Hunter Action over a Proof barrel? Wondering if the ARC x-low rings at .790 are too low. Next step up are their mediums at .940 which seem pretty high. Thanks.
Is this a rifle you are building or a rifle that is all set up and that you have currently? If so, just stack some pennies onto the action and set your scope on them until you get the desired scope height - then measure to see what size rings you need.

Is this a rifle you are building or a rifle that is all set up and that you have currently? If so, just stack some pennies onto the action and set your scope on them until you get the desired scope height - then measure to see what size rings you need.
I'm picking the rifle up next week, and the scope will be here in two weeks. Just trying to get a jump on ordering rings. But I did see where they show a pretty good description on stacking pennies on their website. Was hoping I could get some rings ordered today or tomorrow.

I'm picking the rifle up next week, and the scope will be here in two weeks. Just trying to get a jump on ordering rings. But I did see where they show a pretty good description on stacking pennies on their website. Was hoping I could get some rings ordered today or tomorrow.
Yep totally understand that. Here is what my 4-32 NX8 looks like on my Bergara. These are with Vortex Precision rings, I believe are .97

I personally feel like .790 would be too close on a carbon barrel, but I honestly don't know. I am mounting another NX8 on a custom with a carbon barrel in a few weeks and I bought 1 inch rings because I figured the smaller ones wouldn't clear

I also reached out to Hawkins and they recommended the 1 inch rings with a carbon barrel because he said he has been seeing that their lows (.885) would be extremely close and maybe even touching with the NX8.

Attachments

• 20220729_092549.jpg
    20220729_092549.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
+1 for Doc88. That is the exact method I used to determine height with my ARC rings and turned out great. I don't use carbon barrels on any of my rifles so I can't speak to the height recommended there.

Got it figured out. Thanks everyone
I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what ring height you went with.

I have the same action and scope but with a benchmark carbon, my rifle will be done next month. I'm thinking the lows .94" should work well, I don't think the xtra low will work at .79".

I know this is an old thread but I was wondering what ring height you went with.

I have the same action and scope but with a benchmark carbon, my rifle will be done next month. I'm thinking the lows .94" should work well, I don't think the xtra low will work at .79".
Yup. The .94 lows worked great.