300 PRC hunting rifle suggestions

So I checked out the CA barreled actions but I've seen some questionable stuff on their QC so I hesitated on that…

I've never shot a howa but their barreled actions are an awesome price! Do you have any experience with them?

Love Bergara but they were sold out of barreled actions when I checked I'll scope it out again thanks!

So I checked out the CA barreled actions but I've seen some questionable stuff on their QC so I hesitated on that…

I've never shot a howa but their barreled actions are an awesome price! Do you have any experience with them?

Love Bergara but they were sold out of barreled actions when I checked I'll scope it out again thanks!
I have no experience with Howa, but Christensen Arms rifles are returned to the local Sporting goods store with problems, feeding, and accuracy issues with premium ammo they require...these were complete rifles from the factory. Their barreled actions may not be much better...but the carbon fiber barreled rifles had the most issues with accuracy, a shooting friend has a 308 and a 300 PRC carbon fiber...neither is accurate. Alot of guys like Howa, but I never owned one...thought the mini action would be good in the 6.5 Grendel 6mm ARC. Check other vendors for similar or the same products, you're interested in...

Howa is fine, they commonly shoot better than most people can, Brownells is the only source for Bergara, Howa and CA barreled actions and for about $450 the Howa is a good place to start. A few improvements can be made with a trigger spring, a good stock. I would look at Red Hawk Rifles for a reasonable selection of stocks and other parts.

One more thing about Howa, barrel break in is important, be sure to let the barrel cool completely between first ten at least. Follow the instructions with the gun about break in and you'll get more out the gun than those that don't

Howa is fine, they commonly shoot better than most people can, Brownells is the only source for Bergara, Howa and CA barreled actions and for about $450 the Howa is a good place to start. A few improvements can be made with a trigger spring, a good stock. I would look at Red Hawk Rifles for a reasonable selection of stocks and other parts.
Appreciate all the info…if howa can give me accurate shooting for that price I'm game.

I get military discounts at most places so I was able to find an MPA chassis, proof carbon barrel, zermatt action, timney trigger and MDT mag for a bit under 3k which is over budget by a bit but might be worth it for a custom build I suppose…

I'd also feel a bit silly spending 3k on a build when the howa could potentially give me similar results haha I'm no sniper, I just like to put meat on the table.

Get what you want...you can sell it, and buy a Howa complete...or get both, sell one ya don't like....life is too short.
I like the Defiance Ruckus Long action mag...with a Proof Research carbon fiber 300 prc barrel.
Guaranteed to give correct headspace when action is torqued to 80 ft/lbs to the Proof barrel.
Action wrench and barrel vise in your garage or apartment kitchen table, or truck bed. You can change barrels an not be concerned about headspace...+ or - .001" guaranteed!...but buy go and no go gauges to check...if it misses send it back... change your barrel in minutes, to a new one when ya shoot it out...no gunsmithing services needed. I do the chambering an threading myself because I have a Precision lathe and mill...but for those who do not, this is the one of easiest and most fool proof ways to accurately change a barrel, with no barrel nut...just CNC precision. JMO...and what I'd consider to do.
Always do the build that suits your needs, and gets you excited, about the project.

With your budget I'd either build custom or get this X-bolt HC LR with McMillan stock. I have an X-bolt in a short magnum cartridge and it's the best shooting rifle I own and quite good lookingand ergonomic. I don't have the McMillan stock but I've heard great things. 7.75lb gives you a little mass to tame the recoil while still not being a boat anchor.

Appreciate all the info…if howa can give me accurate shooting for that price I'm game.

I get military discounts at most places so I was able to find an MPA chassis, proof carbon barrel, zermatt action, timney trigger and MDT mag for a bit under 3k which is over budget by a bit but might be worth it for a custom build I suppose…

I'd also feel a bit silly spending 3k on a build when the howa could potentially give me similar results haha I'm no sniper, I just like to put meat on the table.
I just finished up a 6.5-284 Norma build on a long action Howa 1500.
First 3 rounds after break in were .22 MOA In it's original .270 configuration it was a .5 MOA rifle with cheap Remington core-lockts.
I would not hesitate to snag up a Howa barreled action and find a stock and optic for it.
Then go hunting.

Seekins Precision PH2 is plenty light and will leave you money to spare for the scope and ammo. Hard to find anyone that says they don't shoot great. Their Element is even lighter but also a shorter barrel. They're one of the best production rifles out there right now in my opinion. The PRCs do pretty well on shorter length barrels though. If you could stretch your budget or find a good deal on a barreled action the MDT carbon folding chassis may interest you. Weatherby is producing a rifle on it called the 307 Alpine.
I was going to suggest looking at the Seekins Precision PH2 also. I heard nothing but good things about them and they check all of your boxes.

Are you dead set on a 300 PRC? Something smaller, like 6.5 PRC or 7 PRC, would make a lighter rifle easier to shoot. Just a thought.
I actually ended up buying a 300 win mag the other day based on ammo but also I just couldn't build what I wanted in my budget with the PRC but I may throw a 7PRC into the chassis someday

I've got an Bergera B-14 HMR Pro in 300 PRC it weighs around 10lbs without optic perhaps heavier than you're looking for idk. It most likely wouldn't be the first rifle out of my safe for typical hunting ranges but for long range situations it's pretty groovy.