Long range hunting rifle caliber suggestions?

There is no need for any more replys. Ive decided on a completely different caliber that will be revealed when i get this project done. Thank you for all your suggestions, and most importantly, thank you for taking the time to write a response, it means alot.

It seems like we have been down this road in your other posts:

i think ill go with a 338 edge... It seems much different and with the option of using its technical name of 338/300 remington ultra magnum edge, It seems to have the pizazz that im looking for.

I think ive made up my mind haha :):):):):):) thanks for the recomendation on the 338 edge.

Ive Kind of settled on the 338 win mag. It just seems better. Maybe next time if i dont like the 338 win mag ill get an stw. But i think ill like the 338 win mag... alot

Im actually probably gonna go with the 340 weatherby magnum.

Anyways, ive decided to get either a 7mm rsaum, 7mm wsm, or 264 winchester. All of them provide enough energy with berger bullets to take an elk, but also dont recoil as bad as the big 338's or 300's. Im really thinking about a 264 win mag.

Thank You ALL for your time, advice, and inputs. I now have the information I need to see my project through and will not need for anyone to further waste their time on this question. When I get the project finished, I will make a post, with perhaps a few photos, and let everyone know how it all turned out. Yours Most Sincerely, banjo318

Sorry, I had to pick on you a little bit :) Plus I figured it could give everyone an idea of where you are leaning. Hopefully this time you have got your mind set! Looking forward to see what you came up with.

I wanted to have my Rem 700 magnum action re-barreled to the .338 norma...had 4 different smiths that would not touch the project stating that there was not enough metal on the bolt face to make it safe enough for them to want to put their name on it. Have you found something different??
They have been built with many a round down tube on Rem. action.Look at 338 thread on here by Ward Brian.But I was advised by 2 smiths not to build on a WBY mark V. I admit Im spoiled with 2 Defiance,full customs

I change my mind alot :) but I have already ordered this barrel haha. Good thing, i would have probobly changed it again if i hadnt ordered it.

They have been built with many a round down tube on Rem. action.Look at 338 thread on here by Ward Brian.But I was advised by 2 smiths not to build on a WBY mark V. I admit Im spoiled with 2 Defiance,full customs

Lets just say it isnt any caliber that has EVER come out of my mouth on forums before. :)

It seems like we have been down this road in your other posts:

Sorry, I had to pick on you a little bit :) Plus I figured it could give everyone an idea of where you are leaning. Hopefully this time you have got your mind set! Looking forward to see what you came up with.

Not any of the calibers mentioned :)

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.