300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

how are you liking that scope!!?

very nice bucks man congrats
I'm loving it. I don't see myself changing it out in the near future at all. I probably strapped it and unstrapped it like this over 30 times throughout the last few hunts. And TIGHT. Packing out camp and animals and hiking over 50 miles through all kinds of ****. Never slipped even one click on the turret and obviously had no issues when the time came to actually need it. I'm liking it man.
FECF2E8C-D598-4432-9B72-73007D21C886.jpeg

I have a nxs on my Norma with no complaints, but that March right there is something I'd upgrade to…and want to soon hopefully. Well done on the kills, those are some units!

I have a nxs on my Norma with no complaints, but that March right there is something I'd upgrade to…and want to soon hopefully. Well done on the kills, those are some units!
I've really been liking it dude. I'm hanging onto it for sure!
Huntnful,

What are you sighting that beast in at? 100/200 yards?
Just 100 yards. I used to do 200, but 100 is easier lol.

35 degree shoulder but Mikes design also pushes the shoulder forward and shortens the neck. Not sure on the freebore but 245's are sitting above the neck shoulder junction. And mine's a 27" 8 twist barrel.
How is Mike's design different than Alex Wheelers design? Just curious on this because I'm thinking of having Alex or Ryan Pierce build me a 300NMI.

How is Mike's design different than Alex Wheelers design? Just curious on this because I'm thinking of having Alex or Ryan Pierce build me a 300NMI.
There are slight differences in all of them.

Ryan uses a 33° shoulder

Alex uses a 35° shoulder. And Bullet Central already has sizer dies for his design.

Mike uses a 35° shoulder and shortens the neck a little. I think he may have dies or they can be ordered from Hornady.

Last edited:
There are slight differences in all of them.

Ryan uses a 33° shoulder

Alex uses a 35° shoulder. And Bullet Central already has sizer dies for his design.

Mike uses a 35° shoulder and shortens the neck a little. I think he may have dies or they can be ordered from Hornady.
Mike reams his own dies. He uses Redding blanks or that's what mine are.

Mike reams his own dies. He uses Redding blanks or that's what mine are.
Ah ok. Last time I talked to him they were using Hornady. Quite honestly that's what steered me away from him chambering me a barrel. I've had terrible luck with Hornady dies. They are the only die I've ever gotten cases stuck in. I also didn't like how he shortens the neck.

Killed a couple more bucks with the rifle. And then got home and tested some 230 A-Tips to potentially try out for next year, just to switch things up. So far so good! I've used and abused this rifle and March scope since the season started in September. Absolutely no zero shift or any funny business. Haven't touched the zero since before I killed my first buck with it.

93D8C5BA-7A6E-4A43-8689-7554CC810E8D.jpeg

5C3C1414-F340-415F-8067-FBB16B4A750C.jpeg

347E86C5-2972-4123-98E4-0C5F43AAC797.jpeg