300 Norma Mag Improved. Follow along!!!

I'll be interested to see results on an animal. I'm trying some out this weekend on my 300NMI.

I sure would like them to do well; the BC is insane on them.

How far off the lands did you seat them?
My buddy has been killing elk with them and liking them so far. So I figured I would try them!

I'm not sure man. I don't measure the lands. I just Jammed the bullet. Then I went .040 off of that.

Ok sounds like you do it "old school". I have a Stoney Point gauge and modified case that I made. I basically push the bullet in until it touches the lands and work from there.

I emailed Hornady and asked what they recommended and they basically said it didn't matter because they were very tolerant to jump. I will probably start at .020.

Ok sounds like you do it "old school". I have a Stoney Point gauge and modified case that I made. I basically push the bullet in until it touches the lands and work from there.

I emailed Hornady and asked what they recommended and they basically said it didn't matter because they were very tolerant to jump. I will probably start at .020.
I'd bet they'll shoot excellent from there!!

Yeah I just start at max length and then go in from there haha.

My 300 NMI will shoot both the 230 and 250 a tip into tiny groups at .025 off. Started at .025 and it shot well enough I doubt changing it will improve it so never tried.

I don't have the twist rate for the 250's dude. But I would prefer the extra speed anyways at the distances I shoot honestly.
I debated a similar route, 215's VS 245 bergers. I gave up less bullet drop for less wind drift and run the 245's. Always wonder if 230's are the perfect compromise…

Recent Posts