30-06 and hammer bullets??

My

friend shoots a 30-06 and his pet load is a barnes TTSX 130 at 3200+ and it slays deer as well as anything I've seen.
I've heard awesome things about that combo. If the hammers don't work out, I'll definitely go to Barnes, I've had great luck with them

I wouldn't use 180s.
I have 🤣

I wanted to try some really heavies in it at some point just to see how it shoots
I run 180HHs in my 30-06. Works fantastically well, 5-for-5 on DRTs. My load data is in the sheets. I'm normally into the light and fast combination, but I had these in hand and they worked so well I've never bothered to change. Hitting basically 3000 FPS with them.

I have 🤣

I run 180HHs in my 30-06. Works fantastically well, 5-for-5 on DRTs. My load data is in the sheets. I'm normally into the light and fast combination, but I had these in hand and they worked so well I've never bothered to change. Hitting basically 3000 FPS with them.
I went a double checked their load data and it's incredible how fast they are saying one can go with the heavies. 154hht supposedly 3200fps? I'd imagine a 180 or 190 would still be 2800 or up.

I went a double checked their load data and it's incredible how fast they are saying one can go with the heavies. 154hht supposedly 3200fps? I'd imagine a 180 or 190 would still be 2800 or up.
the design of the hammers produces a higher velocity for the same weight of bullet. You can't go by the standard reloading manuals. It was hard for me at first, but I got past that hurdle!!!

Not sure if I missed it, but what's your twist rate? That's another thing to consider with an all copper bullet. They get very long being lighter than lead core. Much better to over twist them than under stabilize. Hammer shows recommend twist rates for all their bullets. A stability factor of 2 or higher is best for Straight line terminal performance.

Not sure if I missed it, but what's your twist rate? That's another thing to consider with an all copper bullet. They get very long being lighter than lead core. Much better to over twist them than under stabilize. Hammer shows recommend twist rates for all their bullets. A stability factor of 2 or higher is best for Straight line terminal performance.
It's a CVA cascade.... I believe they are 1-10, true length is 23.5" as well. According to the website most of their bullets work up to I believe the 196gr, other than a few of the really sleek ones.

It's a CVA cascade.... I believe they are 1-10, true length is 23.5" as well. According to the website most of their bullets work up to I believe the 196gr, other than a few of the really sleek ones.
That is true. I'll maybe let some other more experienced hammer guys chime in. But I think it's better to not run at the minimum recommend twist. That's why I went 168 HHT in my 10 twist. A marginally stable bullet can do weird things.

That is true. I'll maybe let some other more experienced hammer guys chime in. But I think it's better to not run at the minimum recommend twist. That's why I went 168 HHT in my 10 twist. A marginally stable bullet can do weird things.
Very true, and I am at relatively low elevation. 1650ft. I think the 154hht might be the ticket for my use.

you are correct - better to spin em a little faster than minimum - especially past 600 yds