300 RUM and Hammer Bullets

David F

Looking to try some hammers in my Browning A-Bolt 300 RUM with 1:10 twist barrel. I’m restricted on COAL at 3.60 due to magazine. Don’t want to single feed. Currently shooting Retumbo, 200 grain accubonds and Nosler Brass at 3.60” with 1” groups at 100. I’ve shot a lot of animals with this load but looking to try ADG brass, a new projectile and N570. Picked up some 230 Berger Hybrids but are just too dang long. Any thoughts?

Seabeeken

With solid copper bullets you can shoot lighter bullets as they are tougher and stay together better. I use 120 gr TSX in my 7mm and have always had full penetration and good expansion judging by the exit hole, never recovered one. In my 250AI and 257AI Ive used 80 gr TTSX @ 3300 and they always fully penetrated also.

ButterBean

LRH Team Member
so that's where all the h4350 went... I thought it was the creedmoor shooters burning it...
Got Caught.gif

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts