30-06 and hammer bullets??

Much faster to hold low on the body out to 300 and high on body after 350. I;ve watched my friend get the range, then pick up i phone to get moa adjustment, then dial elev, then get wind reading, look back at the i phone then dial windage all the while the animal moved to a different county.

Much faster to hold low on the body out to 300 and high on body after 350. I;ve watched my friend get the range, then pick up i phone to get moa adjustment, then dial elev, then get wind reading, look back at the i phone then dial windage all the while the animal moved to a different county.
I have my adjustments out to 500 written in my scope cap. Can't stand the idea of getting a phone out while hunting. I'll definitely consider pushing the zero out further, I do have access to a 300 yard range

For deer to 500 yards, would you pick the 124 over the 138gr HHT?
As long as your impact velocity is above 1800 - I use 2000 FPS to be conservative, you are good to go with either. And both those bullets will have an effective range for deer way beyond that. We've taken 3 elk with 130 to 140 grain 7MM hammers and they have performed perfectly. our impact velocities have been above 2400 FPS. choose the bullet that is more accurate in your rifle and you can't go wrong.

As long as your impact velocity is above 1800 - I use 2000 FPS to be conservative, you are good to go with either. And both those bullets will have an effective range for deer way beyond that. We've taken 3 elk with 130 to 140 grain 7MM hammers and they have performed perfectly. our impact velocities have been above 2400 FPS.
Have you been able to recover any bullets? I heard recently they like to tumble

Have you been able to recover any bullets? I heard recently they like to tumble
I have yet to recover any of the petals or the main shank, however in looking at the wound channels, the petals do branch out. I think on one marginal hit on a small bull that the petal took a path of 45 degrees from the main shank did the damage and anchored the bull long enough to allow me to moved closer and make a head shot from 175 yrds to end things and to prevent any more meat damage. In fact, I lost less than a pound of edible meat from that bull - all major meat groups were collected.