280ai mountain rifle build - actio/stock recommendations

stace

Guys, I posted this in equipment and not sure if it was in the wrong spot so put it here....sorry if you have read it already but got no replies.

Putting together a lightweight mountain rifle using 140-160gn bullets (preferably barnes & accubonds).

Any pros/cons of going controlled round feed vs push/feed or vice versa for the 280ai??

What in crf or push/feed would you guys recommend? Believe Mcmillan crf is a good bit of gear but pricey and surgeon for push/feed.

Stocks??? Mcmillan Edge or Manners Super/Ultralight. Want a straight comb with cheekpiece set up.

Is there any special requirements for the 280ai like extended mag (Wyatt) and such.

Guys, I posted this in equipment and not sure if it was in the wrong spot so put it here....sorry if you have read it already but got no replies.

Putting together a lightweight mountain rifle using 140-160gn bullets (preferably barnes & accubonds).
Any pros/cons of going controlled round feed vs push/feed or vice versa for the 280ai??

For me, hunting is very often a one shot affair. I carry my rifle chambered with the safety on. So there is no difference between a CRF and a modern push feed.
If you anticipate the need for a rapid 2nd shot then the CRF is a better bet for you.

Don't get me wrong, I love my 270 WSM Featherweight CRF, but my Rem 700 7mm and my Browning 270 shoot very well and reload (rechamber??) quickly.

JM .02

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.