28 Nosler Newbie

wm5l

Yeah I know I'm late to the party but I just traded for a Christensen Ridgeline in 28 Nosler. What your favorite HEAVY bullet load? I like the 175-180 Grain Bullet. What Powder also? I don't even have dies yet but I am getting several boxes of once fired brass in the trade.

Do you know how many rounds are down the barrel? We are shooting 175 gr in a CA rifle at 3150 with RL-26 You know that pixie dust. It actually shot all the 175s well. Bergers, Hornady, and Nosler ABLR.

Yeah I know I'm late to the party but I just traded for a Christensen Ridgeline in 28 Nosler. What your favorite HEAVY bullet load? I like the 175-180 Grain Bullet. What Powder also? I don't even have dies yet but I am getting several boxes of once fired brass in the trade.
I have had very good results with R33 and us 869

Following, just bought one myself. The previous owner shot 180 Eld-m, the BC of those, and with track record I've had with them on 30 cal, those will be what I start with.

I've had good results with the 165 Game Changer, 175 ELD-X, and 180 VLD with Retumbo. 160 AB has shot well with RL-26 and even better with H1000. What brass did you get with it?

I started out with rl33 and 180 ELD, had a tight grouping load right at 3200. Bullets came apart too many times mid air, always the 3rd shot in a string, happened 3 times in 60 rounds. Also didn't like the lack of temp stability with the rl33.

Current load is 180 Berger hybrids with H1000, 3100 fps. Think I'm going to stick with this one.

Do you know how many rounds are down the barrel? We are shooting 175 gr in a CA rifle at 3150 with RL-26 You know that pixie dust. It actually shot all the 175s well. Bergers, Hornady, and Nosler ABLR.

probably less than a hundred. Gun is less than 2 months old.

Following, just bought one myself. The previous owner shot 180 Eld-m, the BC of those, and with track record I've had with them on 30 cal, those will be what I start with.

And I have a box of those too. I hope it likes them. Now to find the powder...

I've had good results with the 165 Game Changer, 175 ELD-X, and 180 VLD with Retumbo. 160 AB has shot well with RL-26 and even better with H1000. What brass did you get with it?

I have boxes of both of those. I just loaded some of the 165 Game changers in a 280 AI to see what they will do

I started out with rl33 and 180 ELD, had a tight grouping load right at 3200. Bullets came apart too many times mid air, always the 3rd shot in a string, happened 3 times in 60 rounds. Also didn't like the lack of temp stability with the rl33.

Current load is 180 Berger hybrids with H1000, 3100 fps. Think I'm going to stick with this one.

Id hate to loose 100 FPS but if the bullet comes apart mid air I would take what I could get as well. Thank you for the input. I do like a temp stable powder.

There are many conversations about the 28 on this forum. When I got my first one I read most of them. Just look through the pages and pages of them. Sometimes the best stuff never gets said again.

N- 570 and Retumbo are both good powders for the 28.. Although, I have never shot anything but the 195 EOL.. Custom chamber throated long.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.