Reloading newbie - 26 Nosler

Amen, and I started using the Imperial dry neck lube for that.....works freaking amazingly well with no mess.
Been looking for some comparisons to wet lube, this is my sign to switch.
Any and all the above advice is good. My concern for you is that is not a good cartridge to start on…it's a finicky fire breathing monster!!!…not bad, just high horsepower which can make consistency and accuracy harder to find (in my opinion).

So don't get frustrated if your first loads shoot 3" at 100 yards. 🤣
This. I wore out half a barrel when I first started loading before I found one that shot well, on another fire breather, 300 ultra. That was before the 245's and 250's were around so it was with 215's. Took half a brick of primers and a couple pounds of powder before I found a load that worked. Turned out 300 ultra was not really the best round to learn reloading on lol!

30-06 was significantly easier to learn to load for by comparison. Took a little while to get ES down low but the accuracy was easy to get.

To OP, 26 nosler is gonna be a tough one for a newbie to load for, I'd want someone that has experience loading hot rods to help teach you.

Recent Posts