26 nosler reloading information

Overbore/magnum issue. Its the price you pay for a hot rod. It looks somewhat like alligator skin with a boroscope right in the throat. When people talk about a barrel burner that is what they are referring too. Have seen it in 300 norma and 300 wm, but doesnt happen quite as rapidly in them as with the 26 nosler.

I never chased the lands. My first sign was loss in velocity. It was an 8 twist and with 140 Berger's and 160 matrix it shot just incredible. When I lost the accuracy I loaded 140 partitions they shot really well out to 600 yards.

Have some info for the 140 Berger's and 143 eldx also if u are interested and in the process of playing with the 160 matrix now.

I run the 127lrx with RL33, I run into pressure right around 80.5gr, and a bit over 3500fps.

You might want to try some Bertram brass, Nosler brass can be a bit soft.
They say they have no plan of making any in 26 nosler is what it said in an email I received from them. Oh well. How about Norma?

EEB8291C-4CC8-4FC4-B1FA-4538BD248CEF.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.