Nosler Etip load information

Rickyrebar

Anyone have load information on Noslers Etip bullets?
I have dialed in loads on their Ballistic Silver tips and assumed the Etips would be similar, but have not been able to find any info on them. In each box of bullets they put a little note on top that says they recommend starting at the minimum load listed for their 180 bullets... ok, so where is the max?

I started testing the 168 Etip in my 300wsm today. Nosler recommends that you start at minimum and max halfway between min and max book loads with it seated .050-.100 off the lands. I tested for pressure this morning and found Nosler's recommendations to be correct in my rifle. Their book shows 64gr starting and 68gr max for RL19 behind 165/168 grain bullets. Mine started showing slight signs of pressure at 66.5 grains when seated .050 off.

Slightly flattened primers and extractor marks on case head. Have not gotten to the point of testing accuracy yet. Do a search. There are a couple of threads with some pretty good info on the Etips.

I've worked with nosler 150 and 180 etips. Ididn't see alot of difference with the 150 compared to other 150's. BUT, the 180 is a different beast altogether. You have to realize it is very long...virtually a twin to the 200ab in length. The extra length and bearing area make more pressure. In my gun 3 grains less for the 180 etip matched a hornady 180bt for speed.
Sadly I only have one gun that shoots the 180 decently. Most my guns liked the 150 etip.
I'm thinking the 168 could be everything a 30 cal shooter needs...long with a good bc...and will retain as much wt as many 200 grain cup and core. Now if I can only get them "on the cheap" from shooters proshop as a 2nd!

My 300 wsm shoots the 150 etips very well at 3380 fps with 70 grains of H-414 and .1 off the lands. Went up to 3450 fps but 3380 fps is where the best accuracy was.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.