28 nosler ?

sika64

How many rounds are you guys getting before accuracy is dropping off and you need to change loads/ seating depth ?
Shooting 195 bergers with N570

Last edited:
Mine is just under 700 rounds burned Retumbo in it for the first 200 rounds and H1000 for the next 500. Still shooting as good as the day I bought it. 26" proof Sendero Lite barrel. I will order another barrel after hunting season but will not change it until necessary because I am curious how far it will go.

This is one of those cases where jumping a bullet makes more sense. If your trying to stay in the lands your going to be chasing your tale a lot.

I haven't adjusted seating depth since day one. May need to with a different bullet though.

Mine is just under 700 rounds burned Retumbo in it for the first 200 rounds and H1000 for the next 500. Still shooting as good as the day I bought it. 26" proof Sendero Lite barrel. I will order another barrel after hunting season but will not change it until necessary because I am curious how far it will go.
You haven't had to change bullet seating depth or anything after 50 rounds or so ?

I haven't necessarily adjusted mine, I've been fooling around with the load though. I haven't put more than 300 down it though.

Best advice, don't chase the lands, instead, when the node drops off, add powder until the previous known velocity is reached again.
Accuracy should stay the same until the barrel is done, when it's done, adding powder will no longer get back to the original velocity because the throat will be extended beyond usefulness.

Cheers.