28 nosler

Mine likes the 160AB at 3300 the best. What ever non target or re labeled target bullet shoots the best in my rifle. I want expansion that carries all the way through the animal. It's a deer and to me they are easy to kill

given the speeds that can be relized from this case on average what would you expect from life of the factory barrels?now i am not talking about a guy that shoots target but just for hunting deer and a elk throne in.i assum maybe if you do your part as far as careing for the rifle maybe 1500 rounds

given the speeds that can be relized from this case on average what would you expect from life of the factory barrels?now i am not talking about a guy that shoots target but just for hunting deer and a elk throne in.i assum maybe if you do your part as far as careing for the rifle maybe 1500 rounds
800-900 is correct. I babied mine, and the throat was gone at about 850 rounds. It still shot the hammers pretty decent, but would shred the jacket on at 195 berger. It was burned out at least 3/8" from starting point.

I've been kicking around the idea of a 28 Nosler for awhile now. Are there any barrels that have a better chance of lasting longer then others (brux, bartlein, pacnor, etc…). What about a steel vs carbon barrel? I'll probably end up just rebarreling my 300wm instead but it's always nice to have a shinny new rifle in your collection

I've been kicking around the idea of a 28 Nosler for awhile now. Are there any barrels that have a better chance of lasting longer then others (brux, bartlein, pacnor, etc…). What about a steel vs carbon barrel? I'll probably end up just rebarreling my 300wm instead but it's always nice to have a shinny new rifle in your collection
A 30/28 nosler is a great cartridge. If you don't want to chase tuning a 28

This is my first 28N. Only reason I have it is because they don't offer the 7STW or 7RUM without paying stupid prices or insane custom guns. My 7STW is still shooting .5" groups right about 1000 rounds. I shot it hard as my ground hog gun. That means usually about 30 rounds in 30 minutes with 5-7 shots one right after the other.
I'm fully confident my STW and 28N will easily last past 1500 rounds and still hold .75" or less at 100yds.