28 nosler

I don't use my 2 28 Nosler's on deer. Mine are setup for 195's at around 3,160 and 3,120 on the two rifles. They are way overkill on deer especially whitetail. The two deer I did shoot with mine were shoulder shots and all the meat in the front shoulders was pretty much ruined. One you could run your hand through him pretty much.

Elk different story. Work's freaking awesome and they will shoot a long long ways. Both are .2 moa shooters

Are you posting to open up the 28 to 30 cal if people don't want to have to keep tuning their loads in a straight 28?
There is a 30-28 nosler, it's just a necked up 28, to 30 cal. You can use all the same brass and dies by just changing the bushing and seating stem. It has more case capacity than a 30 nosler without any of the throat burn.

There is a 30-28 nosler, it's just a necked up 28, to 30 cal. You can use all the same brass and dies by just changing the bushing and seating stem. It has more case capacity than a 30 nosler without any of the throat burn.
Thanks I prefer to gain knowledge and be less ignorant. If this is the case I did read the post correctly and confirms my thoughts.

Does the 30 Nosler have longer barrel life then the 28? Not that I need another 30 cal rifle but….????

then how does the 30 nosler do on barrel life as compared to the 28 nosler.now again just as a hunting round.

then how does the 30 nosler do on barrel life as compared to the 28 nosler.now again just as a hunting round.
In simple terms it comes down to how much flame/heat/gas or how big a bang your forcing down a small hole. Obviously one will wear the hole out looser faster than the other. Lol. Best quick analogy I have.

If I had the funds, I would start a business making gun barrel liners/inserts of tungsten-carbide/cobalt cermet for barrel-burner calibers like the 28 Nosler. At least, chamber-throat inserts. I don't understand why someone isn't doing it. It's a simple engineering problem with a simple solution. It would be near impossible to burn out a barrel, and it would increase pressure and velocity limits and make a whole new class of cartridges possible.

If I had the funds, I would start a business making gun barrel liners/inserts of tungsten-carbide/cobalt cermet for barrel-burner calibers like the 28 Nosler. At least, chamber-throat inserts. I don't understand why someone isn't doing it. It's a simple engineering problem with a simple solution. It would be near impossible to burn out a barrel, and it would increase pressure and velocity limits and make a whole new class of cartridges possible.
Do you need funding or a backer??? I like the idea

If this was a real viable process and material why have I not seen it. With all the technology and money in the entire world I really believe this would have been done 7-10 decades ago.

Recent Posts