.270 WBTY owners sound off ...

You Sir is the first serious taker. Hopefully, others will follow. Please post some pictures of your rig to drool on. :cool:

Cheers!
Unfortunately, every pic I have ever tried to post here has not worked.
My photobucket account does not work anymore either.
I'm just not that PC savvy.

Cheers.

270WBTY.jpg

I seem to remember reading threads with guys loading the heavies in 270 WBY and WSM's.

Unfortunately, every pic I have ever tried to post here has not worked.
My photobucket account does not work anymore either.
I'm just not that PC savvy.

Cheers.

I know what you mean about the Photobucket. Ever since they started charging, it missed things up for most but I can still access mine except it has photbucket's background logo. Anyways, you do not need the host URL if you have your pictures in your computer.

Just click the "upload a file option".

It will ask you where you have your picture(s) are stored, for this example, it is on my desktop.

MagnumMan.JPG

Double click the file name of your picture(s).

MagnumMan1.JPG

Once you have uploaded a file picture, you will see something like this ...

MagnumMan2.JPG

To post it on your thread, click on the text window where you want it to be posted and click either "Thumbnail" of "Full Image". The example is in Full Image. Good luck!

Ed

Last edited:
EAAEEEB3-91E9-40D8-AA33-3F2DB7C25A9D.jpeg
D7DB55D2-3C71-49C3-93EF-970AD9EBF118.jpeg
ABFBE7B1-D776-4EB2-A608-AC92E1AE8EC2.jpeg
I have always been a fan of 270 caliber and have had numerous 270 win and wsm. I've never had anything against the 270 wby but I can say I'm not a Wby rifle fan but am in love with my Mcwhorter 270wby that was like new when I found it used in Canada.
It shoots the same every time I shoot it.
They gave me load data for but I built my own load with 140 classic hunters @3390fps.
I've tried numerous bullets with this gun and it will do half MOA with them all.
My last 3 shots thru the Labradar was as expected! Haha
This group is at 825 yards
This gun will be with me forever !!

Last edited:
View attachment 147523 View attachment 147512 View attachment 147513 I have always been a fan of 270 caliber and have had numerous 270 win and wsm. I've never had anything against the 270 wby but I can say I'm not a Wby rifle fan but am in love with my Mcwhorter 270wby that was like new when I found it used in Canada.
It shoots the same every time I shoot it.
They gave me load data for but I built my own load with 140 classic hunters @3390fps.
I've tried numerous bullets with this gun and it will do half MOA with them all.
My last 3 shots thru the Labradar was as expected! Haha
This group is at 825 yards
This gun will be with me forever !!

I really like this cartridge...

140 SSTs @3572fps...ES 10 to 15 Magnetospeed

140 SST.jpg

It's no more expensive as any other round when you handload for it.
Brass outlay for me has been on par with other brass. I only buy Norma for it. My 416 Rigby brass runs 3 times as much.
Weatherby ammo on the other hand is ridiculously expensive, 20 rounds run $130 here.

Cheers.
jmj

Yep - hand loading is the ONLY way to make sense of many great rounds. It does require a degree of commitment tho - financially, and space.....but mostly time. Some of us thought that we would have more time in "retirement"...but mistakenly told others that we were retiring. Now EVERYONE I know seems to have a "project" - or need of my time.......:rolleyes::D

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts