.270 AI owners sound off ...

Nomosendero

I have a M700 .270 that shoo9ts good. An AI would be fine, I have a 30-06AI & a 25-06AI, but if 6.5 RPM brass is high quality and decent price I might go .270RPM as a wildcat but may be commercial some day.

IanCo

Anybody have 270 AI dies they no longer need? Checking here before I buy new.

waspocrew

I’m case anyone hadn’t seen yet- Eurooptic.com has Peterson brand 270 Win brass for $37/50. I know RWS is held in high regards, but Peterson is pretty good stuff

462DA719-E751-4257-B662-8EEF1A964983.jpeg

837E96FE-D12D-4807-9F5C-F4A2CEA4EB54.jpeg

couesaddict

It’s about time! I got my hands on some rws a while back for my 270 sherman but it’s a pain and a long wait to get it. Nice to see Peterson stepping up for this case family.

IanCo

Finally found someone showing the cost for a "custom" resizing die...
https://www.whiddengunworks.com/custom-reloading-dies/
They are showing it as $125 for a 'bushing' SIZING die
I'm guessing you could then just use a regular 270 Win 'seating' die?
If so, that's not too outrageous.
Looks like all these custom die people want about 14 to 16 weeks to make you a die. And they want three fired cases, so you have to get the rifle made first, go shoot some .270 Win ammo through it, then send in your cases and wait about 3.5 to 4 months.
Just ordered Redding 280AI full length S die and a bushing (minus .001) for my loaded 270 rounds I have already.

I will then just use my 270 Win seating die.

$65 for the S die
$16 for the bushing

Got this tip from a guy on Rokslide.

Alibiiv

LRH Team Member
Just ordered Redding 280AI full length S die and a bushing (minus .001) for my loaded 270 rounds I have already.

I will then just use my 270 Win seating die.

$65 for the S die
$16 for the bushing

Got this tip from a guy on Rokslide.
I'm not sure that a .270 Winchester seating die can be used? I'd have to do some checking, it depends on the .270 Winchester die if the shoulder from the .270AI will go into the seating die to work. I believe the .270 WSM die will work, but...not so sure on the .270 Winchester working for you............?

IanCo

I'm not sure that a .270 Winchester seating die can be used? I'd have to do some checking, it depends on the .270 Winchester die if the shoulder from the .270AI will go into the seating die to work. I believe the .270 WSM die will work, but...not so sure on the .270 Winchester working for you............?
Was wondering about that. I will try it after I get some fire-formed.

Alibiiv

LRH Team Member
Was wondering about that. I will try it after I get some fire-formed.
It might work, just not sure about how the seating die is reamed? I had a custom set of Hornady dies made up, they work quite well, around $180 (?) something like that. I did have the hydro-form die made up also. Hydro forming is okay, I prefer the cream of wheat process over it.

Trending threads

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce