muzzle brake sound

Brakes with 90degree or greater angles have less noise to the shooter. Don't remember the maker, but there is one that has 90degree side ports and 180 degree straight forward ports and I have heard they generate the least noise to the shooter. The short and best answer is a suppressor.
THANKS, I a suppressor but to clumsy in pa woods when you're walking in woods for me.

Still loud, but not as load as others…..while still being relatively effective for recoil reduction. Research The Gentry Custom Quiet Brake!

When my daughter was a little girl, I put one on her 30-06…..you could shoot it fairly comfortably without ear protection, yet it still made a substantial reduction in felt recoil! memtb

Still loud, but not as load as others…..while still being relatively effective for recoil reduction. Research The Gentry Custom Quiet Brake! memtb
Still loud, but not as load as others…..while still being relatively effective for recoil reduction. Research The Gentry Custom Quiet Brake! memtb
will check them out Thanks

As mentioned, 90 degree ports will make less concussion towards the shooter. Not sure I would call them friendly but better. All my hunting rifles get Hawkins Self Timing brakes and I have been pretty happy with them. Insite Arms makes a similar design as well.

Also electronic in ear hearing protection technology has gotten significantly better in the last few years. I use Otto Noizebarrier Micros and Peltor makes similar ones. Comfortable and easy to use with good battery life that actually amplifies ambient noise. They are a great option for hunting and are worth investing in, especially if you are worried about hearing loss.

Look into the Heathen brake, it has 90 degree rear ports. Used several for years and liked them, particularly the relative lack of concussion compared to more aggressive brakes.

I've recently switched over to Griffin brakes...because they have an integrated taper mount and I run their Bushwacker 46 suppressor across most of my rifles. I'm sure the brake itself is not as "quiet" as the Heathen.