Muzzle Brake

keg333

1st off I would like to thank everyone for all the information I have been getting. I am still debating to go with either the Nightforce 5.5-22-50 or the Leupold 6.5-20x50. I am going to get a complete free float and pillar bedding. Now off to my final question. Which muzzle brake would be best for my Rem. Model 700 SPS Stainless .300 RUM? Looking through the threads the Muscle Brake, Pain Killer, and the Holland Radial QD all seem to be quality brakes. I want the barrel to stay as sleek as possible but still reducing the recoil as much as possible. If you think I should go with a different brake other then one of these please fill me in. Thanks in advance

I would recommend the Nightforce, if you have the money. Number two is the brake, if you're really looking to reduce the recoil to a minimum check out the Defensive Edge brakes. They are a good brake, and are designed for the big boomers.

Products

After reading this article. I'm giving serious consideration to the TTI break.

Reducing felt recoil is mostly a matter of shooter fatigue/comfort, reducing muzzle rise can be very important in hunting so you can see the impact and know for sure if you have a solid hit and need to go look for a downed animal vs a clean miss.

If you are hunting in canyon country in places like Idaho, Washington, or Montana, a thousand yard straight line shot may result in you spending half a day or more sometimes to get to where your target was.

After reading this article. I'm giving serious consideration to the TTI break.

Reducing felt recoil is mostly a matter of shooter fatigue/comfort, reducing muzzle rise can be very important in hunting so you can see the impact and know for sure if you have a solid hit and need to go look for a downed animal vs a clean miss.

If you are hunting in canyon country in places like Idaho, Washington, or Montana, a thousand yard straight line shot may result in you spending half a day or more sometimes to get to where your target was.

Based on the design of the TTI I think it would look really good on my gun. Going to do a little research on it and then see how much they run and where I would be able to get my hands on one.

Based on the design of the TTI I think it would look really good on my gun. Going to do a little research on it and then see how much they run and where I would be able to get my hands on one.
Their website doesn't provide a whole lot of info so I emailed them.

TTI

We'll see what I hear back and I'll let you know.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.