.270 AI owners sound off ...

I'm case anyone hadn't seen yet- Eurooptic.com has Peterson brand 270 Win brass for $37/50. I know RWS is held in high regards, but Peterson is pretty good stuff

462DA719-E751-4257-B662-8EEF1A964983.jpeg

837E96FE-D12D-4807-9F5C-F4A2CEA4EB54.jpeg

Finally found someone showing the cost for a "custom" resizing die...
https://www.whiddengunworks.com/custom-reloading-dies/
They are showing it as $125 for a 'bushing' SIZING die
I'm guessing you could then just use a regular 270 Win 'seating' die?
If so, that's not too outrageous.
Looks like all these custom die people want about 14 to 16 weeks to make you a die. And they want three fired cases, so you have to get the rifle made first, go shoot some .270 Win ammo through it, then send in your cases and wait about 3.5 to 4 months.
Just ordered Redding 280AI full length S die and a bushing (minus .001) for my loaded 270 rounds I have already.

I will then just use my 270 Win seating die.

$65 for the S die
$16 for the bushing

Got this tip from a guy on Rokslide.

Just ordered Redding 280AI full length S die and a bushing (minus .001) for my loaded 270 rounds I have already.

I will then just use my 270 Win seating die.

$65 for the S die
$16 for the bushing

Got this tip from a guy on Rokslide.

I'm not sure that a .270 Winchester seating die can be used? I'd have to do some checking, it depends on the .270 Winchester die if the shoulder from the .270AI will go into the seating die to work. I believe the .270 WSM die will work, but...not so sure on the .270 Winchester working for you............?

I'm not sure that a .270 Winchester seating die can be used? I'd have to do some checking, it depends on the .270 Winchester die if the shoulder from the .270AI will go into the seating die to work. I believe the .270 WSM die will work, but...not so sure on the .270 Winchester working for you............?
Was wondering about that. I will try it after I get some fire-formed.

Was wondering about that. I will try it after I get some fire-formed.

It might work, just not sure about how the seating die is reamed? I had a custom set of Hornady dies made up, they work quite well, around $180 (?) something like that. I did have the hydro-form die made up also. Hydro forming is okay, I prefer the cream of wheat process over it.

Got the 270AI out for the first time tonight. It almost shoots good enough with factory 270 Win ammo that I might not even handload for it. 😂

Attachments

• 5B51F740-037D-41EE-85E9-9B98963E439E.jpeg
    5B51F740-037D-41EE-85E9-9B98963E439E.jpeg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 104
Got the 270AI out for the first time tonight. It almost shoots good enough with factory 270 Win ammo that I might not even handload for it. 😂

Curious about the range of the target in this reply? If your rifle shoots that good with factory ammunition, I suspect that it will do much better with custom loads made for it. Mine will shoot two shot, one inch or less groups at 300 yards consistently if I do my part, and around 3300fps with 150 ABLRs.

Curious about the range of the target in this reply? If your rifle shoots that good with factory ammunition, I suspect that it will do much better with custom loads made for it. Mine will shoot two shot, one inch or less groups at 300 yards consistently if I do my part, and around 3300fps with 150 ABLRs.
Target was at 200 with first factory ammo I tried. Just trying to get something useable for hunting season as of now. Definitely looking forward to see what it can do with handloads when I get the time.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.