Love that sound...whoooosh... Whack !!!

Hey DUH, thanks for the story and pics. Always enjoy reading about your hunts.

Have you decided to keep your EDGE? Wasn't it up for sale a while back?

Cheers!

Yes, I'll be hangin on to the EDGE. I had planned on going to the AM but the Aussie dollar hit the skids in Nov and I was a victim of the" Global Finacial Crisis !"

This rifle still seems to give the critters grief !

Thanks mate

DUH

Hi Down Under Hunter,

Niiiice story there mate -well done!:)

Thanks for sharing your excellent photos - love your Gillie suit.

Hey - no straight lines in nature, have to put some wrap on the barrel.:D

CentreHit.

P4021910.jpg

Booooooooom ... Whooooooosh...( Man that sounds good in the still dawn air !)

P4021911.jpg

Whaaaack ! ( That sounds even better )
DUH

Hey DUH,
Just got back from my drawn hunt on Sunday Island, you were right the hunting was real hard.
We had a heap of rain on Friday and it blew so hard it would blow a dog off a chain.
Saturday was better and the sun came out but it still was very windy. Then late in the afternoon it dropped and the deer came out.
I spotted three stags at 300 yards but they were only small so passed them up and was going to shoot a hind for meat if one turned up.
Then with five minutes of shooting light left I spotted a Stag at 90 yards on the edge of the teatree. I was sitting on top of a six metre pole out in the open tussocks and the deer was looking right at me so it was a case of who was the quickest, me or the deer............... It turned out I was!
Hog deer stag shot with 100 grain Nosler B.T. out of a 25-06 whooooosh..Whack!!!!

The first picture is a few moments after the shot and the next is back at the meat house.
mypic14.jpg

mypic13.jpg

Hey DUH,
Just got back from my drawn hunt on Sunday Island, you were right the hunting was real hard.
We had a heap of rain on Friday and it blew so hard it would blow a dog off a chain.
Saturday was better and the sun came out but it still was very windy. Then late in the afternoon it dropped and the deer came out.
I spotted three stags at 300 yards but they were only small so passed them up and was going to shoot a hind for meat if one turned up.
Then with five minutes of shooting light left I spotted a Stag at 90 yards on the edge of the teatree. I was sitting on top of a six metre pole out in the open tussocks and the deer was looking right at me so it was a case of who was the quickest, me or the deer............... It turned out I was!
Hog deer stag shot with 100 grain Nosler B.T. out of a 25-06 whooooosh..Whack!!!!

The first picture is a few moments after the shot and the next is back at the meat house.
mypic14.jpg

mypic13.jpg

Well done Norm !!

Thats a really nice looking deer. Beautiful and even and heavy for down there !

You had better do a full write up or I will be disappointed. I cant carry the Aussie flag by myself !

Well done again. Now time for the real stuff !

DUH

I posted a small story in the Australian and N.Z. section as requested.

Now for the main event indeed!!!!!
In the right hand corner the camo clad hopefull lads from down under.
In the left hand corner the large brown ghosts of the forest.

Stay tuned for the results.

There is 1 more on the under card boys the fallow have just started grunting and i left i real nice stag alone last weekend (got 50 m of) so that he could say goodbye to his 30 odd girls for 1 more week and sow his seed.

Times up ! gun)

Just hope a poacher aint got him yet.

JAWZ

There is 1 more on the under card boys the fallow have just started grunting and i left i real nice stag alone last weekend (got 50 m of) so that he could say goodbye to his 30 odd girls for 1 more week and sow his seed.

Times up ! gun)

Just hope a poacher aint got him yet.

JAWZ

Good stuff Jawz,

I hope you get him before the poachers do.
Just be sure to post the pictures when you get him.

I just got back tonight from a Vic Fallow trip and had little luck. Only spikeys, does and fawns. No mature bucks and the valley was deathly quite. Rubs everywhere , but no big guys. Me thinks its be hit by some Poaching in the last week or two. The spikeys were holding the does and chasing hard without any croaking ? Maybe due to the big guys gettiing smacked they have it all to themselves ? Thats what I was thinking ?

Good luck JAWZ. Put it right behind the shoulder mate !

DUH

Got him:D

The only thing better then shooting a good stag is guiding 1 of your mates who has not shot a good 1 after many many years of trying , giving him your gun dialing it in and then watching him polax it at 450m.gun)

I dont know who was more exited him or me:D

Fallow-09-03.jpg

Fallow-09-04.jpg

No poachers can get him now:D

JAWZ,

That is a awsome buck mate. Big. old and gnarly just the way you want them. Looks wide too ! Basal snag as well..very nice. Tell us more .. Was he croaking ? Need to know lots more !

DUH

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.