25 SHERMAN (THE LATEST LASER)

Guys are reporting 3350+ with Light Eject Marks from 26" Barrels, but not a 24" Barrel 👍🏻
Is that an improved case or standard case capacity 06 case ? 25-06 Cartridges are getting 3200-3250 Max in 26" barrels. After 3200 accuracy seems pretty inconsistent also.

I think it was Lance Kenyon I had seen those figures from. You could send him a message on here and see 👍🏻
I'm close on finishing my 25-284. Only a 24" barrel but hoping for accuracy at 3150 with it. Guys shooting one say it's easily doable. 3100 would work fine for me considering I don't get that WITH accuracy from my 6.5-284s with 140s. The 131 outperforms the 140 class bullets all day long. Especially pushed faster.

The 25 Sherman is an improved case. And who's reporting actual shot velocities? I haven't heard of any reports of people shooting this yet.
Looking back in this thread, the designer (elkaholic) has spec'd out his 25 Sherman with 131s at 3400. My question was case size. It was stated that it could make that velocity in an 06 case. Without being an improved case I didn't believe it was possible. It's an improved case from what elkaholic replied. Makes sense and is definitely doable

I am putting together a 257 weatherby with a lilja 7 twist 3 groove. I talked to steve at hammer and he is going to make a 110 absolute. Should work scary good and I am thing 36 to 37. Laser
3600 is probably doable. Maybe a bit more and your accuracy could be anywhere. Many times it's at the higher velocities. Most of my 6.5-284s are best at top end

3600 is probably doable. Maybe a bit more and your accuracy could be anywhere. Many times it's at the higher velocities. Most of my 6.5-284s are best at top end
I will soon know. I have the reamer. Just waiting on Carson to get me the barrel. I speced a non saami reamer and a previous gun shot a hole with a 117 sierra in a 10 twist at 3400. I have a 7 1/2 twist K&P here in the shop. I may get impatient, lol.

Doubtful you'd see 3400 with 131s from a 30-06 case necked down to the .257. Maybe 3200. The Sherman cartridge would have more case capacity if it's getting 3400. I'd say the .257 Wby Mag will get to 3400.
This case is based off the 270win (.051) longer and more cap than the 06. I have no doubt it will hit 3400 with the 131. My 25SST has a few grains less capacity and with N570 I can run 3385fps 26" Bbl and get 7-8 firings on Adg brass. The 25 Sherman has more capacity and better brass like Peterson & RWS.

Another thought. The RPM case. I ordered from weatherby direct. But it is only 4 grains less capacity than the 257. Hard for me to build a wildcat over 4 grains difference. I already built a 25prc and shooting good at 32 with the blackjack but the 257 is calling me. Might be a torch but for hunting it will put me in the dirt. Only problem is every time I put one together somebody will walk in and say. That for sale? Anything is if the price is right!! Well shoot I guess time to order more stuff lol

Last edited:
Another thought. The RPM case. I ordered from weatherby direct. But it is only 4 grains less capacity than the 257. Hard for me to build a wildcat over 4 grains difference. I already built a 25prc and shooting good at 32 with the blackjack but the 257 is calling me. Might be a torch but for hunting it will put me in the dirt. Only problem is every time I put one together somebody will walk in and say. That for sale? Anything is if the price is right!! Well shoot I guess time to order more stuff lol
Which PRC case is it based off of ?