25 SHERMAN (THE LATEST LASER)

elkaholic

With the resurgence of the 1/4 bore with bullets like the 131 BJ, Ive decided to accommodate the guys who want a laser on a '06 bolt size.
I have a new reamer available next week and the 6.5 Sherman bushing dies should work just fine (in stock)
All you need to get one started is some 270 or 280 brass. It's simple to fire form and you have a cartridge capable of 3400' with a . 330 b c bullet. If you run the numbers, you'll find this thing will be an absolute hammer for long range shots at antelope and deer and all on available '06 size actions!

I was hoping for 3400 from my wby case I don't think an 06 improved case will get it there. I would be impressed with 3300 from it. I mean really a normal 257 wby only does 3450 with a 120 so going to a smaller case and less capacity and more bullet weight and more twist I don't see 3400 coming from it but maybe with rl-26 it just might squeak it out. We will find out soon enough.
Shep

I was hoping for 3400 from my wby case I don't think an 06 improved case will get it there. I would be impressed with 3300 from it. I mean really a normal 257 wby only does 3450 with a 120 so going to a smaller case and less capacity and more bullet weight and more twist I don't see 3400 coming from it but maybe with rl-26 it just might squeak it out. We will find out soon enough.
Shep
Pretty sure the Sherman will do it!