25 Creedmoor Sav Pre-fit?

jasonco

Does anyone know of a maker for a Savage small shank pre-fit, in 25 Creedmoor, besides Patriot Valley Arms, because they seem to be the only option I can find available at $525?! I DO NOT want to purchase a reamer, because it is a waste of funds option (been there done that). I have everything [New Sav 12FV donor, MDT Oryx chassis, bolt handle, rings, base, brake, optic, blah blah blah...] except a barrel and an order of enough, 1500 or so, Blackjack 131 Ace boolits, for starters!
headNhands.jpg

According to the Savage Shooters forum "Aftermarket Barrels", X-caliber started taking orders for 25 Creedmoor 1:7 prefits April 1. I have found X barrels very accurate and made to order prefit and blank arrived in 4 weeks that I ordered in November. My 260 Rem 28 inch varmint shots clovers at 300 yards. Haven't had my 25 blank chambered yet. Gunsmith backed up.
Give X a call as I don't see it on website yet.

Good luck guys. I'm going the traditional method. I got Grant at JGS to finalize the blueprints for a custom reamer that WAS designed by Blackjack for a 25 Creedmoor. I'm a serious hunter and not a target shooter, so I redesigned it without the long leade to accommodate traditional .25 cal hunting bullets. I am using a 1:9 Pac-Nor Super Match 5-groove, and plan to have Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles (www.bugholes.com) cut the chamber when JGS gets me the reamer.

I CAN tell you that Greg has right now a new 25x47 Lapua reamer designed by Blackjack with the long leade... I fell all over myself telling him let's start cutting until he told me about the leade. If this appeals to you vs the Creedmoor, give him a call asap. It's a good time now because he just hired extra help and still has time to cut chambers vs sell parts. I personally prefer the Lapua over the Creedmoor, 260, or 6.5x55. And yes, I designed a 25 Creed special edition I have dubbed the .250 Whitetail instead of a .25x47 Lapua. Why? Same as you fellas, most likely...cost and availability of brass... I have a new box of 6.5x47 cases, but I'll hang on to them a little while. I have ideas of a 7mm wildcat based on the 6.5x47 L. It will be known as the 7mm SDC (Southern Deer Cartridge). And then again, I could decide to go the same way and use the Creedmoor just for the sake of brass price. That's been the hold up since it's been on the draft board. Trying to decide. But if you want to make a move on that long throated 25x47L, give Greg a shout. He'll go out of his way to help you and takes calls between 5 and 7pm Central time.

Good luck guys. I'm going the traditional method. I got Grant at JGS to finalize the blueprints for a custom reamer that WAS designed by Blackjack for a 25 Creedmoor. I'm a serious hunter and not a target shooter, so I redesigned it without the long leade to accommodate traditional .25 cal hunting bullets. I am using a 1:9 Pac-Nor Super Match 5-groove, and plan to have Greg Young at Southern Precision Rifles (www.bugholes.com) cut the chamber when JGS gets me the reamer.

I CAN tell you that Greg has right now a new 25x47 Lapua reamer designed by Blackjack with the long leade... I fell all over myself telling him let's start cutting until he told me about the leade. If this appeals to you vs the Creedmoor, give him a call asap. It's a good time now because he just hired extra help and still has time to cut chambers vs sell parts. I personally prefer the Lapua over the Creedmoor, 260, or 6.5x55. And yes, I designed a 25 Creed special edition I have dubbed the .250 Whitetail instead of a .25x47 Lapua. Why? Same as you fellas, most likely...cost and availability of brass... I have a new box of 6.5x47 cases, but I'll hang on to them a little while. I have ideas of a 7mm wildcat based on the 6.5x47 L. It will be known as the 7mm SDC (Southern Deer Cartridge). And then again, I could decide to go the same way and use the Creedmoor just for the sake of brass price. That's been the hold up since it's been on the draft board. Trying to decide. But if you want to make a move on that long throated 25x47L, give Greg a shout. He'll go out of his way to help you and takes calls between 5 and 7pm Central time.
Goofing around I made a 7mm Creedmoor with a 175 ELDX :p
6.5,7mm Creedmoor.JPG
6.5 (R), 7 (L)

According to the Savage Shooters forum "Aftermarket Barrels", X-caliber started taking orders for 25 Creedmoor 1:7 prefits April 1. I have found X barrels very accurate and made to order prefit and blank arrived in 4 weeks that I ordered in November. My 260 Rem 28 inch varmint shots clovers at 300 yards. Haven't had my 25 blank chambered yet. Gunsmith backed up.
Give X a call as I don't see it on website yet.
I was on Sav Shooter on the same thread!

It's all good! After a few emails with X-Caliber, it's going to be a "hurry up and wait", no matter the maker and I like what they did for me before.

This is going to make me invest in a someone's used lathe, for my personal use?! It's been a while, but I have had training.

It's all good! After a few emails with X-Caliber, it's going to be a "hurry up and wait", no matter the maker and I like what they did for me before.

This is going to make me invest in a someone's used lathe, for my personal use?! It's been a while, but I have had training.

My .264 WM pre-fit barrel took exactly a month. Steve (or his folks) did an excellent job but have not put it all together yet ... still waiting for other parts.

Good luck on your build and happy safe shooting/hunting.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.