25-06

117 Sierra Pro Hunter, 49 grs IMR or AA 4350, CCI 250 primer in a Remington case 3000 fps. Tack driver and drop a deer in it's tracks.

First year with the 25-06 and am planning on using the 110gr Accubond because of prior experience with 7mm-08 and 300 RUM with the Accubonds. Any of the above will work just fine, but your rifle should tell you what it wants.

For what it's worth, I know the Berger's are extremely accurate killers and I use them for paper or varmints in all of the rifles I own, but I don't really like the idea of sending thousands of tiny pieces of lead throughout the meat I intend on feeding my family with.

First year with the 25-06 and am planning on using the 110gr Accubond because of prior experience with 7mm-08 and 300 RUM with the Accubonds. Any of the above will work just fine, but your rifle should tell you what it wants.

For what it's worth, I know the Berger's are extremely accurate killers and I use them for paper or varmints in all of the rifles I own, but I don't really like the idea of sending thousands of tiny pieces of lead throughout the meat I intend on feeding my family with.

That's why you shoot them in the vitals, and not the shoulder.

And based on my experiences, Accubonds can still grenade, and they can also pencil-through with a failure to open.

That's why you shoot them in the vitals, and not the shoulder.

And based on my experiences, Accubonds can still grenade, and they can also pencil-through with a failure to open.

So Berger's don't open up when they hit vitals??? Ok...

A fragmenting bullet is designed to fragment, Berger's are designed to shed 40 - 90% of mass in itty-bitty pieces of fragmented lead. Hey, I really don't care if you use them, some guys really dig that bang-flop deal. I kind of like walking a blood trail over eating toxic metal, but that's just my opinion... And I really hate to waste a good shoulder that could go on the smoker. So I never aim shoulder!!!

So Berger's don't open up when they hit vitals??? Ok...

A fragmenting bullet is designed to fragment, Berger's are designed to shed 40 - 90% of mass in itty-bitty pieces of fragmented lead. Hey, I really don't care if you use them, some guys really dig that bang-flop deal. I kind of like walking a blood trail over eating toxic metal, but that's just my opinion... And I really hate to waste a good shoulder that could go on the smoker. So I never aim shoulder!!!

Yes, do you eat the heart, lungs, and guts and rib meat of the animal? I don't... But I guess some people do...

110 gr Nosler accubond and 115 gr Barnes tsx, Max load taken from the Hornady #9 reloading Manuel, Reloader 25 both going just over 3300 fps, velocity verified over multiple chronographs. David Murphy, my fluffy Murphy.