25-06

Will you be testing any of the heavier bullets, ELD match 130s from Hornaday?
No my rifle has a 1-10 twist, Barnes states right on the box they're 115 gr tsx requires a 1-9, however the gun shoots them them very well, when I have a load dailed in, I fire depending on how I intend to use the gun either four 5 shot groups, or five 3 shot groups, the groups for this was .237 for the low end and .698 on the upper end and they continue to fly true out to 600 yds which is the furthest I've tested them to.

Old model Ruger 77 with tang safety stock barrel. 117 - 120 grn Sierra GameKing, 50 something grains of H4831. Too many deer to remember, most if not all DRT. Shoots this load into less than .375 for five shots. Never changed bullets. I am scared the group will not be the same.

I have a 12 Twist shilen barrel on one rifle:

100g Sierra flat base is 3600 fps with case full of R#25 with a fed 210

117g Sierra flat base is 3300 with R#25

Winchester brass with no pressure on the 100g, and max pressure on the 117g load.

Shortish range affair, given to me by a Texan gunsmith. The whole deer club there in Texas is shooting this load.

Both of these bullets are very hard to find, and I cannot duplicate this load in any factory barrel that I have ever had.

Necrothread revival from almost 7 years ago.....but I'll play along :cool:

Ruger #1 26" barrel shooting 90gr Absolute Hammers over RL16 to 3640 fps. Haven't had to track one yet with this combo.

Hey why not? I laughed at the same thing but I appreciate that this forum isn't toxic about it.

Almost done testing the 90 absolute myself! Plateaued at 3575 on H4350, 26" pipe on a stiller. I think I over crimped and sapped some steam, really wanted to break 3600. After my 7mm experience I'm all in on the AH, don't expect a lot of tracking.