25 06 ackly

Its it's for sure pushing the limits. No sticky bolt or ejector marks tho. I am using plain ole Winchester brass. I though about using 06 Lapua but I have so much of the Win brass it should last as long as the barrel at the rate I am going. I guess if you count fire forming I am technically getting 4 firings out of it. I also do not shoot when it's above 85 degrees with this load. I have a milder load right at 3150 that is almost as accurate. I just like to push the envelope.

131 Blackjacks with a mild load of Retumbo. the 131 is pushed into the lands pretty good. That load is right at 2950 but it is 1/2 MOA or better while fire forming so I am not going to complain.

For bullets, I used Barnes 100gr XBT and Sierra 117gr spitzer BT on deer. For plinking and rodents Nosler 100gr balistic tip. Its been more then a few years sense I messed with the 06AI so I dont want to say what velocitys as I dont remember. I know I used IMR 7828 and ramshot big game, I remember getting tighter groups with the big game. For deer hunting its quite overkill on shorter distances. Seat the bullets into the lands for case forming.

what is your faverate deer loads.
I actually have a favorite deer load for all of my hunting rifles, which include 270, 308 and 30-06. I do not consider 223/5.56 as an adequate deer cartridge and use the 300 WM primarily for long range target shooting. The 30 calibers I use 165 gr Nosler Partition or Sierra Game Kings and IMR4320 or IMR4895, whichever is available at the time. For the 270 I use Nosler 130 gr partitions and IMR4350. All of these loads shoot less than 1 MOA. If I have to use factory ammo Federal Premium will also shoot under 1 MOA. All of these loads are good out to 600 yards and since I much prefer to shoot under 300 yards all are Bambi droppers. Which one is my favorite? The one I pull out of the gun safe that morning.

A few interesting bullets to try in that cartridge. Using 92 Hammer Hunters lately in my 25-06 with RL-23. Crazy accurate. But all in all, hard to beat the 117 gr Sierra Pro Hunter's performance on game in .257. Flat drops them.